|Alma mater||Andrés Bello Catholic University|
|Occupation||Technology & financial services entrepreneur; founder and General Partner of Ribbit Capital|
|Website||Meyer "Micky" Malka - Ribbit Capital|
In 1993, at the age of 19, Malka co-founded Heptagon Group, a securities and investment broker dealer servicing the Venezuelan and U.S. markets, where he served as Chief operating officer. In 1998, Malka developed the online brokerage Patagon.com, Inc., which became Latin America’s first comprehensive Internet-based financial services portal and dealer until its acquisition in March 2000 by the Spanish bank Banco Santander for over $700 million. Malka then served as the interim Chief Executive Officer for OpenBank S.A., an online bank in Spain and Germany.
In 2003, he co-founded Banco Lemon which was acquired by Banco do Brasil, Latin America’s largest bank.
After moving to San Francisco in 2007, in July 2008, Malka co-founded and served as co-Chief Executive Officer of Bling Nation Ltd., a Palo Alto-based mobile payments company until July 2011 when it evolved into Lemon Inc. Lemon was acquired by LifeLock for $50 million in December 2013.
In May 2011, Malka co-founded Banco Bracce, a Brazilian financial banking institution specializing in lending for mid-sized companies in Brazil.
In 2012, Malka founded Ribbit Capital, a venture capital firm that targets early-stage companies that use technology to innovate financial services worldwide. Malka raised Ribbit’s inaugural $100 million fund in 2012. Investors include Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Silicon Valley Bank and various institutional investors and individuals such as Social+Capital founder Chamath Palihapitiya and Facebook Vice President of Messaging, David Marcus. Ribbit subsequently raised a $124.73 million Fund II in August, 2014, and a $220 million Fund III, in March, 2015.
Through Ribbit, Malka has made investments in several financial services companies, including Credit Karma, Funding Circle, Robinhood, LendingHome, Wealthfront, Invoice2go, ContaAzul, Xapo and Coinbase.
Malka serves on the board of directors of Argentinian headquartered online e-commerce platform, Mercado Libre, Credit Karma, an online consumer resource to track financial health and credit services, LendingHome - a technology-enabled mortgage marketplace platform, Invoice2go – a mobile and web application providing simple invoicing, expense-tracking, and reporting tools for small businesses, and Xapo - a secure mobile bitcoin wallet and vault.
- "Ribbit Capital Closes $100M Venture Capital Fund; Launches Inaugural Fund with Four Initial Investments". Business Wire. January 22, 2013.
- Serena Saitto (February 28, 2014). "Bitcoin Bull Holds Firm as Mt. Gox Drags Down Currency". Bloomberg.
- "Bling Nation Launches Community Payment Network for Local, Regional Financial Institutions". Business Wire. November 18, 2008.
- "Things Could Get Nasty On The Net". Bloomberg Businessweek. April 2, 2000.
- "Can Capital Advisory Board". CanCapital.com. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- "MERCADOLIBRE INC" (PDF). EDGAR Online. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "Leading Identity Theft Protection Company LifeLock Acquires Mobile Wallet Innovator Lemon, Inc.". LifeLock. December 12, 2013.
- Blair Hanley Frank (December 12, 2013). "Maveron-backed Lemon Wallet sells to LifeLock for $50 million". GeekWire.com.
- Tricia Duryee (January 22, 2013). "Ribbit Capital Raises $100 Million With the Goal of Modernizing Money". All Things Digital.
- Mark Boslet (March 26, 2015). "Ignition to raise a $200 mln 6th fund, Ribbit targets $220 mln for third". PeHUB.
- "Credit Karma Secures $30 Million in Series B Funding". Marketwired. April 2, 2013.
- "Funding Circle secures Series C led by Accel". peHUB Reuters. October 24, 2013.
- "The 2015 Fintech Finance 35: Meyer (Micky) Malka, Ribbit Capital". Institutional Investor (magazine). November 9, 2015.
- Vinod Sreeharsha (September 10, 2015). "A Venezuelan in Silicon Valley Finds a Niche in Finance". The New York Times.
- "ContaAzul Raises Series B Funding". Business Wire. November 4, 2013.
- Sarah E. Needleman (May 7, 2013). "Coinbase Nabs $5M in Biggest Funding for Bitcoin Startup". The Wall Street Journal.
- "MercadoLibre Inc MercadoLibre Inc". Reuters. Retrieved March 5, 2014.