2.9.5989 / 25 May 2016
|Written in||C, C++, Pascal|
|Operating system||Windows (stable), Linux (development)|
MiKTeX is a distribution of the typesetting system LaTeX for Microsoft Windows that is developed by Christian Schenk. It consists of an implementation of TeX and a set of related programs. MiKTeX provides the tools necessary to prepare documents using the TeX/LaTeX markup language, as well as a simple tex editor (TeXworks). The name comes from Christian Schenk's login: MiK for Micro-Kid.
MiKTeX can update itself by downloading new versions of previously installed components and packages, and has an easy installation process. Additionally, it can ask users whether they wish to download any packages that have not yet been installed but are requested by the current document.
- LyX – An open source cross-platform word processor
- Texmaker – An open source cross-platform editor and shell
- TeXnicCenter – An open source Windows editor and shell
- MeWa – An open source Windows editor based on TeXnicCenter
- WinShell – A Windows freeware, closed-source multilingual integrated development environment (IDE)
- TeXstudio - An open source cross-platform LaTeX editor.
- "mirrors.ctan.org". 23 February 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
|This digital typography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|