Mi Tierra (song)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Gloria Estefan|
|from the album Mi Tierra|
|Released||July 6, 1993|
CD Single |
7" Vinyl Single
12" Vinyl Single
|Gloria Estefan singles chronology|
U.S Cassette & Promo CD, Europe & U.K. Cover Art
The song was the first single released from the album, and a tribute to Gloria's homeland Cuba--the principal reason for the making of the album. This song was first released in the United States and took Gloria to the Hot Latin Tracks top position. The song reached the No. 1 spot on the chart, and was her first No. 1 hit since the Spanish version of "Don't Wanna Lose You" in 1989. The song was also a hit on other markets (like the dance market), where it became Gloria's first Spanish single to ever reach the Top 5 of the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
This song was also Gloria's first No. 1 in Spain, which led the album to become the most successful album released in the country for its sales of more than a million. The song was one of the first Spanish-language songs to reach the Top 40 on some English language countries like the United Kingdom, a record-breaking honor which would set the tone for the success of future Latin-American and Hispanic artists.
|Germany (Official German Charts)||77|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||27|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||36|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||5|
- Gloria Estefan Discography Database
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- "Musicline.de – Estefan, Gloria Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Gloria Estefan – Mi Tierra" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Gloria Estefan Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)". Billboard.
- "Gloria Estefan Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard.