Mia's Science Adventure: Romaine's New Hat
|Mia's Science Adventure|
|Series||Mia's Big Adventure Collection|
|Mode(s)||Adventure Mode, Activities Mode|
Mia's Science Adventure: Romaine's New Hat is the second title of the Mia's Big Adventure Collection software series created by Kutoka Interactive. Released in 2000 in Canada and the United States, the game teaches sciences to children between 6 and 10 years old.
Mia lost her mother's hat to the rat Romaine. The player helps her on a quest to find it, buy it back and return home safely.
The game's 12 educational activities teach about plants and their parts; animals, their habitats, eating habits and classification; weather, clouds; the solar system; earth science; the human body and its systems; heat energy; properties of matter fossils; electricity and magnetism.
Mia's Science Adventure received positive reviews from the Los Angeles Times, USA Today.com, eToys.com, Parent's Choice, National Parenting Center, Review Corner and others on account of the value of its educational contents, graphics, story and appeal to children.
The game received several awards such as the National Parenting Center's "Seal of Approval", the Coalition for Quality Children's Media's "Kids First Endorsement", Parents' Choice's "Gold Award".
- "Mia's Science Adventure: Romaine's New Hat". Kutoka.com, retrieved on 2009-06-17
- "Mia's Science Adventure: Romaine's New Hat - Fall 2000 Software". Parent's Choice, retrieved on 2009-06-17
- "Seal of Approval Winner Fall 2000 - Mia - Just in Time!". TNPC. 2009-06-17
- "mia's science adventure (Romaine's new hat)". Review Corner, retrieved on 2009-06-17
- "Mia's Science Adventure: Romaine's New Hat - Press Review & Awards". Kutoka.com, retrieved on 2009-06-17
- "Mia's Science Adventure - Review Corner". August 2000. Archived from the original on April 5, 2004. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "Mia's Science Adventure Awards". Kutoka.com, retrieved on 2009-06-17
|This educational computer and video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|