Mia De Vits
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mia De Vits|
|Born||Marie Louise De Vits
31 March 1950
De Vits started her career with the socialist trade union ABVV in 1973, rising through the ranks to become Secretary-General (1989-2002) and its chairman (2002-2004).
In 2004 De Vits went into elective politics and was elected a Member of the European Parliament (2004-2009) with the Socialistische Partij-Anders, part of the Socialist Group. She sat on the European Parliament's Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection. She was a substitute for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs.
In 2009 she was elected to the Flemish Parliament and served from 2009-2014. She will retire from politics after the 2014 regional elections.
- 1971-1973: Freelance journalist with VRT-TV (Flemish Radio and Television Company)
- 1973-1984: Policy adviser, General Federation of Belgian Labour (ABVV/FGTB)
- 1984-1989: Federal Secretary, ABVV
- 1989-2002: Secretary-General, ABVV
- 2002-2004: Chairwoman of the ABVV
- 1989-2004: Member of the Executive Board of the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions
- 1989-2004: Member of the Executive Committee, European Trade Union Confederation
- Member of the Governing Body of the International Labour Organization, Geneva
- 2004–2009: Member of the European Parliament
- 2009-2014: Member of the Flemish Parliament
- Personal Website
- Personal profile of Mia De Vits in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (in Dutch)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Belgium is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|