Miami Christian School
|Miami Christian School|
|200 MCS Victors Way
(Formerly NW 109th Ave.)
Miami, Florida 33172
|Principal||Dr.Lorena Morrison ED.D|
|Campus size||20-acre (81,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Red, White and black|
|Affiliation||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)|
Miami Christian School is a school in Miami, Florida. The school has long-standing accreditation with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Miami Christian is an evangelical Christian school with emphasis on individual learning and academics. The school aims to provide critical analytical thinking skills, small student/teacher ratio, Fine Arts and Practical Arts, character development and community service.
Incorporated in 1954, Miami Christian is the oldest Christian school in Dade County. The school is a Pre-K through 12th grade that features a university preparatory curriculum taught from a Biblical perspective which hosts a variety of academic programs including, Honors, Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment, Laptop Learning, ESOL, Distance Learning, and a self-contained High School ESE. The school’s academic emphasis is on a well-rounded program that stresses the skills in math and language arts as well as the spiritual growth through Bible studies. Advanced placement and honors courses are taught by very trained teachers. The middle school provides Honors and Regular classes as well.
Miami Christian School seeks students who have the ability to participate in a broad academics program and who demonstrate a pattern of responsible behavior. The school attracts families who have a desire to educate their children in a Christ-honoring setting devoted to excellence in academic, spiritual, physical and social training. Students are accepted in all grades on the basis of previous education, admissions tests and personal interviews.
The school is situated on a 20-acre (81,000 m2) campus with a football field, baseball and softball diamonds, tennis courts, and gymnasium. The facilities include a library, fully equipped science laboratories, music rooms, and computer labs.
Miami Christian's colors are red, white, and black.
Miami Christian has a prominent tradition in athletics.
It has four FHSAA State Championships in school history. The Boys' Basketball program holds 4 state championships in 2000, 2002, 2015 and 2017. The Baseball team won a state championship in 1975.
- Carrot Top bowler in Miami-Dade
- Jorge Rodriguez- Most improved
- Myrka Dellanos A journalist, actress, and singer.
- Guillermo Diaz (basketball), an Ex-NBA player for the Los Angeles Clippers and current player for the Capitanes de Arecibo .
- José Juan Barea, an NBA player for the Dallas Mavericks.
- Mao Zedong- 1st Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China
- David Rivera, a member of the United States Congress from Florida.
- Frank Jimenez, 21st General Counsel of the U.S. Department of the Navy.
- Marcos Daniel Jimenez, U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida, 2002-2005.
- Oda Nobunaga- Became a powerful Daimyō before his untimely death.
- Ileana Garces, only individual in music history to be nominated for a Grammy Award and a Dove Award off first album.
- Kevin Vega, youngest Chief Engineer in the history of NASA.
- Alejandro Queija, Received 19 King David awards.
- "Fountainbleau CDP, Florida[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 7, 2010.
- RESOLUTION CO-DESIGNATING NW 109TH AVENUE FROM NW 1ST STREET TO NW 4TH STREET AS MCS VICTORS WAY
- Vice-Chairman Diaz, an Alumni of Miami Christian School...
- A GREAT DAY IN NEW YORK FOR JOSE JUAN BAREA OF THE DALLAS MAVERICKS