Miami County, Ohio
|Miami County, Ohio|
County courthouse in Troy
Location in the state of Ohio
Ohio's location in the U.S.
|Founded||March 1, 1807|
|Named for||Miami people|
|• Total||410 sq mi (1,062 km2)|
|• Land||407 sq mi (1,054 km2)|
|• Water||3.1 sq mi (8 km2), 0.8%|
|• Density||252/sq mi (97/km²)|
|Time zone||Eastern: UTC-5/-4|
|Footnotes: *Based on population just within the county.|
Miami County is a county located in the U.S. state of Ohio. As of the 2010 census, the population was 102,506. Its county seat is Troy. The county is named for an Indigenous American word of disputed meaning.
- Shelby County (north)
- Champaign County (northeast)
- Clark County (southeast)
- Montgomery County (south)
- Darke County (west)
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census of 2000, there were 98,868 people, 38,437 households, and 27,943 families residing in the county. The population density was 243 people per square mile (94/km²). There were 40,554 housing units at an average density of 100 per square mile (38/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 95.78% White, 1.95% Black or African American, 0.19% Native American, 0.79% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.28% from other races, and 1.00% from two or more races. 0.73% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 38,437 households out of which 33.30% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.50% were married couples living together, 9.70% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.30% were non-families. 23.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.50% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 2.99.
In the county, the population was spread out with 25.90% under the age of 18, 7.60% from 18 to 24, 28.40% from 25 to 44, 24.80% from 45 to 64, and 13.20% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 96.20 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.40 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $44,109, and the median income for a family was $51,169. Males had a median income of $37,357 versus $25,493 for females. The per capita income for the county was $21,669. About 5.10% of families and 6.70% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.10% of those under age 18 and 5.60% of those age 65 or over.
- Board of Commissioners:
- John "Bud" O'Brien (R)
- John "Jack" Evans (R)
- Dick Cultice (R)
- County Auditor: Matthew W. Gearhardt (R)
- Clerk of Courts: Jan Mottinger (R)
- County Coroner: Steve Huffman, M.D. (R)
- County Engineer: Paul Huelskamp (R)
- County Prosecutor: Anthony E. Kendell (R)
- County Recorder: Jessica Lopez (R)
- Sheriff: Charles Cox, Jr. (R)
- County Treasurer: James Stubbs (R)
Miami County Court of Common Pleas
- Christopher Gee (R)
- Robert Lindeman (R)
- W. McGregor Dixon, Jr. (R)
- Elizabeth Gutmann (R)
- Gary Nasal (R)
- Gary Zuhl
Public school districts
- Bethel Local Schools
- Bethel High School, Bethel Township (the Bees)
- Bradford Schools
- Bradford High School, Bradford (the Railroaders)
- Covington Exempted Village School District
- Covington High School, Covington (the Buccs/Buccaneers)
- Miami East Local Schools
- Miami East High School, Casstown (the Vikings)
- Milton-Union Exempted Village Schools
- Milton-Union High School, West Milton (the Bulldogs)
- Newton Local School District
- Newton High School, Newton (the Indians)
- Piqua City School District
- Piqua High School, Piqua (the Indians)
- Tipp City Exempted Village School District
- Tippecanoe High School, Tipp City (the Red Devils)
- Troy City School District
- Troy High School, Troy (the Trojans)
- "Ohio County Profiles: Miami County" (PDF). Ohio Department of Development. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- "Miami County data (population)". Ohio State University Extension Data Center. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Miami County data". Ohio State University Extension Data Center. Archived from the original on June 17, 2011. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Forstall, Richard L., ed. (March 27, 1995). "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. April 2, 2001. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "本校概要" (Archive). Western Ohio Japanese Language School. Retrieved on May 11, 2014. "所在地 2801 NORTH STRINGTOWN RD. TROY, OHIO 45373"
||Shelby County||Champaign County|
|Montgomery County||Clark County|