Miami Gardens Police Department
|Miami Gardens Police Department|
|Operations jurisdiction||Miami Gardens, Florida, USA|
|Size||21.8 square miles (56 km2)|
|Headquarters||Miami Gardens, Florida|
|Miami Gardens Police|
The Miami Gardens Police Department or MGPD, often referred to as the City of Miami Gardens Police, is the chief police department of the U.S. city of Miami Gardens, Florida. Its headquarters located at 18601 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, Florida.
There is one patrolling district and seven neighborhoods for which the following districts are responsible:
In 2013, serious allegations of civil rights abuses and sweeping misconduct were made against the department. The podcast “This American Life” covered these allegations in-depth in their episode “Cops See it Different: Part 2” 
Chiefs of Police
- Matthew Boyd 2007-December 2013
- Paul Miller (acting) December 2013-May 2014
- Stephen Johnson May 2014-February 2015
- Antonio Brooklen (acting) February 2015-November 2015
- Antonio Brooklen November 2015-October 1, 2016
- Cynthia Machanic (acting) October 1, 2016-May 1, 2017
- Delma Noel-Pratt May 1, 2017-present
- Brown, Julie K. (November 21, 2013). "In Miami Gardens, store video catches cops in the act". The Miami Herald. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Black man arrested 62 times for 'trespassing' at his workplace". MSNBC. 22 November 2013. Archived from the original on 25 November 2013.
- Eyder Peralta (23 November 2013). "Miami-Area Police Force Accused Of Rampant Racial Profiling". NPR.