Miami Killian High School
|Miami Killian Senior High School|
|School type||Public secondary|
|Motto||"Reaching New Highs"|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|• Grade 12||697|
|Average class size||30|
|Hours in school day||7:20 am – 2:20 pm|
|School color(s)||Dark green and gold|
|Athletics||Baseball, football, lacrosse, basketball|
Miami Killian Senior High School is a secondary school located in the Kendall area of unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida. The school is part of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools System.
Miami Killian offers over 20 different AP (Advanced Placement) courses, with approximately 15 which can be taken for college credit if a student passes the culminating exam at the end of the year.
Miami Killian Senior High School is 60.5% Hispanic or Latino, 19.6% Black/African American, 17.1% White, 1% Asian or Asian American, and 3% unknown/other. The school zone is Richmond Heights, Portions of Palmetto Estates, East Kendall, and portions of West Kendall.
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Andy Barkett - former professional baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates) and current manager of the Jacksonville Suns
- Marty Bystrom - former professional baseball player (Philadelphia Phillies, New York Yankees)
- Alex Gonzalez - former professional baseball player (Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago Cubs, Montreal Expos, San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays, Philadelphia Phillies)
- Charlie Greene - former professional baseball player (New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Bret Cooper - football player
- Derrick Gibson - former Oakland Raider of the NFL
- Randal Hill - former NFL and University of Miami receiver
- Danny Hope - former head football coach at Eastern Kentucky University and Purdue University
- Lamar Miller - running back for the Houston Texans
- Stephen Tulloch - linebacker for the Detroit Lions
- Keith Reaser - NFL cornerback, San Francisco 49ers
- Mark Cooper -NFL Lineman, Denver Broncos University of Miami
- Rufus Ferguson- NFL Atlanta Falcons
- Diego Walsh - Midfielder for teams in the MLS, NASL, A-League, USL, and TPL
- Alex Caceres - professional UFC fighter
- Jean-Julien Rojer - professional tennis player
- Michael Oliveira - professional boxer
- Michelle Kaufman - current sportswriter at the Miami Herald; adjunct professor at University of Miami; has covered ten Olympics and four World Cups; double majored at UM in Journalism and English; married to writer Dave Barry
- Chuck Todd - NBC News' Chief White House Correspondent
- Andy Slater - sports talk-show host
- Kevin Pouya - rapper/hip-hop artist; graduated as a part of the 2011 Class.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Kendall CDP, FL." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on June 26, 2015.
- Home. Miami Killian High School. Retrieved on January 8, 2017. "Miami Killian Senior High School | 10655 SW 97TH AVENUE MIAMI, FL 33176" - Put the whole address in a map program and you will see it is in Kendall CDP.
- "Miami Killian Senior High School - Miami, Florida/FL". PublicSchoolReview.com. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Raja Bell". Basketball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
|This Florida school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|