Miami Nights: Singles in the City
|Miami Nights: Singles in the City|
Cover art for the Nintendo DS
|Programmer(s)||Victor Bernot, Carlos Morales|
|Platform(s)||J2ME, Nintendo DS, BlackBerry|
|Sound||Jacob Kaufman, Romain Gauthier|
Miami Nights: Singles in the City is a dating simulation game for the J2ME Platform, Nintendo DS and BlackBerry. It is based on the successful Gameloft Nights franchise for mobile phones which has generated more than 4 million downloads.. The game is similar to New York Nights: Success in the City which is also a part of Gameloft's Nights series.
The American cover art depicts a woman wearing a dress, whereas the European/J2ME/BlackBerry cover art depicts the same woman in a bikini. There have been complaints about the game being slow after the language selection and taking a long time to load.
Other Miami Nights games include Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight for DSiWare (released on December 14, 2009 in North America, and in 2010 internationally). and Miami Nights 2: The City is Yours, released on August 5, 2009 for BlackBerry.
This is taken from the now-archived Gameloft webpage:
"You spend your days dreaming about a golden existence in Miami, living the good life in your multimillion-dollar estate, surrounded by famous people, adored by your fans. But for now, all of this is just a dream! You live in Miami, but in a crummy apartment. Even worse, your landlord is on your back, because you couldn't pay this month's rent. It's time for you to venture out of your apartment and make your way through the city to meet its residents and discover its various areas, from the dark alleys to the dream beaches, from the residential neighborhoods to the glamor of the trendiest clubs and luxury hotels. You'll undoubtedly be able to find not only a solution to your current financial problems, but also the path to becoming the star that you've always dreamed of being."
The game had a sequel for the DSi & BlackBerry. For the DSi sequel, it is called Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight, while for the BlackBerry sequel, it is called Miami Nights 2: The City is Yours. Both have the same title cover, they just differ in title.
- "11 New Downloads Blast Their Way to Nintendo Systems". Nintendo of America. December 14, 2009. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- "Miami Nights: Singles in the City™: Gameloft - Mobile Game". Gameloft. Archived from the original on November 25, 2006.
- "Miami Nights: Singles in the City for DS Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight for DS Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- DeVries, Jack (January 28, 2008). "Miami Nights: Singles in the City Review". IGN. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Wahlgren, Jon (December 19, 2009). "Review: Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight". Nintendo Life. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Jones, James (February 10, 2008). "Miami Nights: Singles in the City". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Miami Nights review (DSi)". Official Nintendo Magazine. March 2010. p. 93.