Miami Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Miami Township, Greene County, Ohio|
Camp Hugh Taylor Birch, a Boy Scout camp, is located in Miami Township
Location of Miami Township in Greene County
|• Total||27.6 sq mi (71.5 km2)|
|• Land||27.5 sq mi (71.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,017 ft (310 m)|
|• Density||175/sq mi (67.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086169|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township, Clark County - northeast
- Cedarville Township - southeast
- Xenia Township - southwest
- Bath Township - west
- Mad River Township, Clark County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Miami township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Miami township, Miami township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Broadstone, Michael A. (1918). History of Greene County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 296.
- Greene County, 1803-1908. Aldine Publishing House. 1908. p. 103.
- Dills, R. S. (1881). History of Greene County: Together with Historic Notes on the Northwest, and the State of Ohio. Odell & Mayer. p. 661.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.