Whitewater Historical Society and Fire Station in Miamitown
Location in Hamilton County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||525 ft (160 m)|
|• Density||930/sq mi (360/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1056423|
Miamitown is a census-designated place (CDP) in western Whitewater Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,259 at the 2010 census. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45041.
Miamitown is located 16 miles (26 km) northwest of downtown Cincinnati. It is situated on the west bank of the Great Miami River at the intersection of Harrison Pike and Ohio State Route 128 (Hamilton Cleves Pike Road). Interstate 74 runs along the southern edge of the village, with access to it via Exit 7.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.37 square miles (3.54 km2), of which 1.34 square miles (3.48 km2) is land and 0.023 square miles (0.06 km2), or 1.72%, is water.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Miamitown CDP, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Nelson, S. B. (1894). History of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Ohio: Their Past and Present, Including...biographies and Portraits of Pioneers and Representative Citizens, etc., Volume 1. p. 460. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 87.