Mian Muhammad Latif
|Mian Mohammed Latif|
28 August 1952 |
Toba Tek Singh, Punjab, Pakistan
|Occupation||Chairman Chenab Group, ChenOne|
Mian Farhan Latif
Early life and career
Mian Muhammad Latif was born in 1952 in Toba Tek Singh to a Arain Punjabi family. His father Haji Muhammad Saleem was a cotton industrialist and an entrepreneur. He later moved to Faisalabad for studies and after graduating in 1974, he started textile business by setting up a small processing unit that has, over the years, become one of the largest vertically integrated textile group of Pakistan known as Chenab Group. This business group's industrial units are involved in cotton yarn spinning, fabric weaving as well as fabric stitching processes. Chenab Group processes 50 million square meters of weaved fabric and 75 million square meters of dyed fabric every year. It has established a global sales network in all the continents of the world. This group is mainly engaged in manufacture and distribution of clothing, furniture, household quilts and curtains.
In 1997, Mian Latif introduced the concept of ChenOne retail stores in Pakistan which was the first direct retail outlet concept for a large manufacturer in Pakistan. The venture turned out to be successful and today has a good reputation and is a well-known brand inside and outside Pakistan.
Awards and recognition
Mian Latif was awarded with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz civil award (Medal of Excellence) by President Pervez Musharraf, on 23 March 2004, for his services to the industry. He had been a close friend of many Pakistani politicians including Benazir Bhutto, Pervez Musharraf, Shaukat Aziz and Yousaf Raza Gillani. His younger brother Chaudhry Muhammad Ashfaq is an ex-MNA (Member of National Assembly or Parliament) and a former 'District Nazim' of Toba Tek Singh. His son Mian Farhan Latif was the youngest MNA during PML-Q (Pakistan Muslim League party) tenure of 2002-2008. He had also been awarded the 'Businessman of the Year Gold Medal' by the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) for investment, industry and trade consecutively during the years 1998 to 2002.
- Profile of Mian Muhammad Latif on the 'Pakistan's Rich List of 2008, Published 8 December 2007, Retrieved 24 June 2017
- http://www.chenabgroup.com/, Retrieved 8 July 2016
- http://www.pakistaneconomist.com/issue2000/issue42/etc5.htm, 'Textile industry has the largest potential to boost Pakistan's exports', interview with Mian Muhammad Latif on pakistaneconomist.com website, Published 16 Oct 2000, Retrieved 8 July 2016
- http://www.dawn.com/news/135087/awards-for-civilians-announced, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz Award (Medal of Excellence Award) info listed on Dawn newspaper, Retrieved 8 July 2016
- http://www.chenabgroup.com, Chenab Group official website
- http://www.chenone.com.pk/ Chen One official website
|This business-related Pakistani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|