|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
1 July 2014
19 May 1972
|Political party|| Finnish|
Social Democratic Party
Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
Miapetra Kumpula-Natri (born 19 May 1972) is a Finnish politician who currently serves as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from Finland. She is a member of the Social Democratic Party, part of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats. She has been a Member of the European Parliament since 2014.
Kumpula-Natri has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2014 European elections. She has since been serving on the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE). On the committee, she has served as the Parliament's rapporteur on European Union roaming regulations (2017) and on the European strategy for data (2020).
Since 2021, Kumpula-Nari has been part of the Parliament's delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe. In addition to her committee assignments, she is also part of the Parliament's delegation for relations with the United States; she previously belonged to the Parliament's delegations to the EU-Moldova Parliamentary Association Committee and to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly from 2014 until 2019.
Kumpula-Natri is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development, the European Parliament Intergroup on Anti-Racism and Diversity, the European Parliament Intergroup on Fighting against Poverty and the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights.
According to Politico Europe, Kumpula-Natri was a candidate to become United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres's first-ever Envoy on Technology in 2021; instead, the role went to Chilean diplomat Fabrizio Hochschild Drummond.
- "Home | MEPs | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2020-05-10.
- Chris Spillane (February 1, 2017), EU reaches mobile roaming deal Politico Europe.
- "REPORT on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Regulation (EU) No 531/2012 as regards rules for wholesale roaming markets".
- Members of the delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe European Parliament.
- Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development European Parliament.
- Intergroup on Anti-Racism and Diversity European Parliament.
- Intergroup on Fighting against Poverty European Parliament.
- Members Archived 2019-03-27 at the Wayback Machine European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Florian Eder (June 13, 2019), POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: Madrid’s moment — Parliament working groups sneak peak — Happy birthday, GDPR Politico Europe.
- Secretary-General Appoints Fabrizio Hochschild Drummond of Chile as Envoy on Technology United Nations, press release of January 21, 2021.
- Melissa Heikkilä (May 19, 2021), António Guterres’ role questioned in UN harassment case Politico Europe.