This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the French National Assembly for Alpes-Maritimes|
|Assumed office |
19 June 2002
|Preceded by||André Aschieri|
|Mayor of Cannet|
19 June 1995 – 24 July 2017
|General Secretary of the UMP|
19 November 2012 – 15 June 2014
|Preceded by||Jean-François Copé|
|Succeeded by||Luc Chatel|
|Chairperson of the Cultural and Education Affairs Committee|
1 July 2009 – 28 June 2012
|Succeeded by||Patrick Bloche|
|Member of the Departmental council of Alpes-Maritimes |
for Canton of Le Cannet
27 March 1994 – 22 August 2002
|Born||13 October 1962|
She is the daughter of Robert Tabarot, Knight of the National Order of Merit, who was one of the leaders of the OAS in Oran, and former North African boxing champion (nicknamed "The Rock"). His brother Philippe Tabarot is vice-president of the General Council of Alpes-Maritimes and councilor of Cannes. Arrival of Algeria, the family Tabarot exiles in Alicante (Spain) to the independence of Algeria, and remains there until 1969, after the amnesty of the old ones of the OAS.
Since then, she has been re-elected mayor each time since the first round, in 2001 under the liberal-democratic label, in 2008 under the UMP label (64.96% of votes), then in 2014 under the UMP label (50 , 45% of the votes).
Member of the National Assembly
She was elected member of Parliament on June 16, 2002, for the 12th Legislature (2002-2007), in the 9th constituency of Alpes-Maritimes. She was re-elected in the first round, on June 10, 2007 with 53.13% of the votes before André Aschieri, ecologist and mayor of Mouans-Sartoux .From 1 July 2009 to 28 June 2012, she was a Chairperson of the Cultural and Education Affairs Committee. She was re-elected, on June 17, 2012 and She becomes vice-chair of the Cultural and Education Affairs Committee.
She supports Jean-François Copé for the 2016 Republican presidential primary, where she is the campaign director. On March 3, 2017, in the context of the Fillon affair, she gave up supporting candidate François Fillon LR in the presidential election and asked for his replacement by Alain Juppé.
She was re-elected, on June 18, 2017. She sits on the Foreign Affairs Committee. She becomes Vice-President of the France-India Friendship Group in National Assembly and she is a member of European Affairs Committee.
- "LISTE DÉFINITIVE DES DÉPUTÉS ÉLUS À L'ISSUE DES DEUX TOURS" (in French). National Assembly of France. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- J-F.P. "Mes chers voisins : Michèle Tabarot , Henri Leroy" (in French). Le Ravi. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- NELLY NUSSBAUM. "Yves Pigrenet devient maire du Cannet à la place de Michèle Tabarot" (in French). Nice Matin. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Judith Waintraub. "Copé réinvestit le terrain de la droite décomplexée pour imposer sa candidature" (in French). lefigaro.fr. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Michèle TABAROT. "Michèle Tabarot demande à François Fillon de retirer sa candidature" (in French). Michèle TABAROT.fr. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- @annelehars. "LEGISLATIVES au CANNET - Michèle Tabarot réélue dans la 9e circonscription" (in French). france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Composition du groupe d'amitié France-Inde". National Assembly (in French).
- "Commission des affaires européennes". National Assembly (in French). Retrieved 4 November 2017.