|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Michael A. Bianchi (born c. 1960) is an American journalist and sports columnist at the Orlando Sentinel. He joined the Sentinel as a columnist in 2000 after working as the lead sports columnist at The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville. Before the Times-Union, Bianchi worked at Florida Today in Cocoa, where he wrote columns and covered athletics at the University of Florida. In Orlando, he writes about the Orlando Magic, Orlando City Soccer Club, Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, University of Central Florida, NASCAR, the NBA, NFL and other sports and events. Bianchi also has a weekday morning radio program in Orlando, Open Mike, on 740 The Game. The show focuses on sports in Central Florida and Florida.
In 2009, Bianchi was the winner of the annual Sunshine States Award. Every year, the Society of Professional Journalists South Florida presents an award to a journalist. In 2001, Bianchi was recognized for his sports commentary and collection of columns.
In 2013, Bianchi was awarded the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association (NSSA) Florida Sportswriter of the Year Award. He was inducted into the NSSA Hall of Fame.
In 2013, Bianchi became an Alumni of Distinction at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications.
- Tales from the Gator Swamp: Reflections on Faith and Football by Danny Wuerffel with Mike Bianchi and Steve Spurrier
- Swampmeet: A Gator Counting Book by Mike Bianchi and Marisol Novak
- Gator Alphabet ABC by Mike Bianchi and Marisol Novak
Bianchi received a Bachelors in Journalism from the University of Florida in 1985.
- "Mike Bianchi Biography". CFL Radio. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Vitale, Albom Newest NSSA Hall of Fame Electees; Patrick, King Win National Awards | NSSA". nssafame.com. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "2013 Alumni of Distinction » College of Journalism and Communications » University of Florida". www.jou.ufl.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|