Michael Allen Harrison
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Michael Allen Harrison|
Harrison in 2008
|Years active||1986 – current|
Michael started playing the piano at age six. He was prompted by his mother, who thought that playing the piano would help the young Michael to overcome his shyness. Michael attended Parkrose High School in North East Portland[East Portland News 1] He released his first commercially available album, "Tea Court Interlude" in 1986.
Harrison performed at the United Nations in 1999, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Israel's independence. Notables for whom he has performed include Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and the 14th Dalai Lama. He premiered his children's ballet "The Velveteen Rabbit" with the Vancouver Dance Theater in 1991. He also co-wrote the music for the musical "Prometheus", which was premiered in Portland, Oregon. Michael is the owner of MAH records, on which he has recorded and produced over 50 of his own albums within the 25-year-long lifespan of his career. He recorded and performed with Katie Harman, and has recorded and performed with local notable musicians which include Tom Grant, Julianne Johnson, and Patrick Lamb.
Michael is the founder and president of the Snowman Foundation. The Snowman Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advocating and providing services for music education. By way of funding this non-profit, Michael organized the Ten Grands concert series, which is presented annually at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland, Oregon.
On MAH Records
- 1986 - Tea Court Interlude
- 1988 - Previews
- 1988 - The Snowman / Winter ballet
- 1989 - 3rd Avenue
- 1990 - Moments in Passion
- 1992 - Emotional Connection
- 1993 - Circle of Influence
- 1993 - Enchanted Christmas
- 1994 - Fabric of Life
- 1995 - A Tribute to Gershwin & Friends
- 1995 - Little Neighborhood
- 1995 - Enchanted Christmas Vol II
- 1996 - Matter of Time
- 1996 - Coming of Age
- 1997 - Passion & Grace
- 1997 - The Golden Child
- 1998 - Live at the Benson
- 1998 - Christmas at the Old Church
- 1999 - Seasons of Peace
- 1999 - The Velveteen Rabbit Children's Ballet
- 1999 - Nutcracker Suite
- 2000 - Millennium Live
- 2000 - Cheek to Cheek w/ Julianne Johnson
- 2001 - Reflections of Tea
- 2001 - Snowfall
- 2002 - Inspired w/ Julianne Johnson
- 2002 - Composer /Pianist
- 2002 - Journey Home
- 2003 - Rose Garden Suite
- 2004 - Expressions of Chocolate
- 2004 - Holiday Jazz
- 2004 - Christmas Festival of Lights at The Grotto
- 2005 - Bedtime Lullabies
- 2005 - Fireside Carols
- 2005 - Christmas on Peacock Lane w/ Julianne Johnson
- 2005 - Prometheus
- 2006 - Nightingale Lullabies
- 2006 - Notable Impressions
- 2006 - Soul of Love w/ Katie Harmon
- 2007 - Enchanted Christmas Vol.3
- 2007 - At Midnight w/ Patrick Lamb
- 2008 - Fly Me to the Moon
- 2008 - Expressions of Chocolate Vol.2
- 2009 - Tango
- 2009 - Simple Gifts w/ Tanner Johnson
- 2009 - Songs of Mary
- 2010 - Christmas Reunion w/ Aaron Meyer
- 2011 - Live at Jimmy Mak's
- 2012 - The Portland Rose
- 2013 - Christmas Dreams
- 2015 - Ode to Joy
- 2015 - Calling on Angels
- 2015 - Christmas at the Old Church 25th Anniversary CD
- 2016 - Live at the Grotto
- Ashton, David. "Performer Michael Allen Harrison again 'comes home' to Parkrose". East Portland News. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- Kellman, Andy. "Michael Allen Harrison". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- Perry, Douglas. "Prometheus the Musical". The Oregonian. Retrieved September 11, 2008.
- "Michael Allen Harrison biography". superfm. Archived from the original on October 5, 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- "One Man's Vision Is A Community's Aspiration". thesnowmanfoundation. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- "MAH Bio". Retrieved August 12, 2011.