Michael Amir Murillo
|Full name||Michael Amir Murillo Bermudez|
|Date of birth||11 February 1996|
|Place of birth||Panama City, Panama|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|New York Red Bulls|
|2017||→ New York Red Bulls (loan)||17||(2)|
|2017||→ New York Red Bulls II (loan)||2||(0)|
|2018–||New York Red Bulls||45||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 October 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 June 2018
Born in Panama City, Murillo graduated from San Francisco's youth setup, and made his senior debut in the 2014–15 campaign, aged only 18. He quickly established himself as a first team regular and had his best season in 2015/16 in which he made 21 league appearances and scored 3 goals. On 25 October 2015, Murillo scored his first two goals for Los Monjes in a 2–1 victory over Alianza.
On 10 December 2015, Murillo played the entire match for San Francisco in the first edition of the Copa Panamá, as his side won the final against Chepo 5–4 on penalties, as the match finished 0–0 after extra time, to win their first title. On 26 August 2015, Murillo helped San Francisco to a famous 2–1 victory over Mexican side Querétaro FC in a 2015–16 CONCACAF Champions League match.
New York Red Bulls
On 18 February 2017 it was announced that Murillo was joining New York Red Bulls on a season long loan. On 29 July 2017 Murillo scored his first goal for New York in a 4–0 rout over Montreal Impact. On 22 October 2017 Murillo scored his second goal for New York in a 2–1 victory over rival D.C. United, in the last match played at RFK Stadium. The Red Bulls exercised their contract option to permanently sign him on 11 November 2017.
On 13 March 2018, Murillo assisted on two goals in New York's 3–1 victory over Club Tijuana in the CONCACAF Champions League, helping the club advance to semifinals of the Champions League for the first time. On 14 April 2018, Murillo scored his first goal of the season for New York in a 3–1 victory over Montreal Impact. He was also selected to participate for the New York Red Bulls in the MLS All-Star Game against Italy's Juventus on 1 August 2018 in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, US, making him the first Panamanian to participate in an MLS All-Star game.
Murillo started three of Panama's ten CONCACAF Hexagonal matches in the final round of 2018 World Cup qualifying, helping Panama qualify for its first World Cup. In May 2018 he was named to Panama's final 23-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Murillo was the starting right back in Panama's group stage losses to Belgium and England. He received a yellow card in each of the two matches, making him ineligible to play in the team's final group match against Tunisia.
- As of 7 July 2019
|Club||Season||League||League Cup||Domestic Cup||International||Total|
|New York Red Bulls||2017||MLS||17||2||3||0||2||0||0||0||22||2|
- As of 28 June 2018
- Scores and results list Panama's goal tally first (includes one unofficial goal).
|1.||15 July 2017||FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, United States||Martinique||1–0||3–0||2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
- "M. Murillo". Soccerway. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "SAN FRANCISCO VS. ALIANZA 2 – 1". soccerway.com. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Monjes hacen historia". Bitacora Deportiva. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "San Francisco gana 2–1 a Querétaro de México en Liga de Campeones". laestrella.com.pa. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "New York Red Bulls Complete Loan of Panama International Michael Amir Murillo". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Red Bulls Roll in Harrison, 4–0". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Red Bulls Spoil The Party at RFK Finale". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Red Bulls Exercise loan option on Murillo". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Red Bulls Moving On to SCCL Semis, Defeat Tijuana, 3–1". newyorkredbulls.com. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "New York Red Bulls Bounce Montreal Impact, 3–1". newyorkredbulls.com. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "TV Max: Panameño Michael Murillo se las verá con la Juventus de Italia".
- "Con goles de Michael Murillo y José Batista, Panamá vence 0–2 a Martinica". fepafut.com. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "2018 FIFA World Cup: Get to know the Major League Soccer players in Russia".
- "Russia 2018 squads officially confirmed". FIFA.
- "Michael Amir Murillo". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "2018 SCCL - Best XI". CONCACAF. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Michael Amir Murillo at National-Football-Teams.com