Michael Avon Oeming
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Michael Avon Oeming|
Michael Avon Oeming
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker|
The Mice Templar
The Cross Bronx
Oeming is a fan of ancient mythology, having written or drawn several projects centering on the Norse gods. He frequently collaborates with long-time friend Bryan J. L. Glass, and with Brian Michael Bendis. He is part of the M.O.B. crew of comic book creators, along with David Mack, Brian Bendis and Daniel Berman.
His 1998 comic book Bulletproof Monk was made into a film of the same name.
The previous mentioned collaborations are The Mice Templar from Image Comics, which he draws and co-authors with Bryan J.L. Glass, and Powers from Icon Comics which he draws, and sometimes co-authors, with Brian Bendis. His creator-owned projects include Rapture, on which he collaborated with his wife, Taki Soma, and The Victories, both for Dark Horse Comics.
Oeming has a son, Ethan and currently resides in Portland, Oregon with his wife, fellow writer/artist Taki Soma.
- Space Sluts (script and art, pornographic parody of Star Wars)
- Hammer of the Gods (script and art, with co-author Mark Wheatley, 5-issue limited series, Insight Studios Group, February–November 2001)
- Bastard Samurai (script and inks, with co-author Miles Gunter and pencils by Kelsey Shannon, 3-issue mini-series, Image Comics, April–August 2002)
- Thor #80-84: "Ragnarok" (with co-author Daniel Berman and art by Andrea Di Vito, Marvel Comics, August–December 2004, tpb, December 2004, ISBN 0-7851-1599-4)
- Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill (with co-author Daniel Berman and art by Andrea Di Vito, Marvel Comics, 6-issue limited series, March–August, 2005)
- Thor: Blood Oath (with art by Scott Kolins, 6-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, November 2005 - February 2006)
- Ares (with pencils by Travel Foreman, 5-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, March–July 2006, tpb, ISBN 978-0-7851-1991-3)
- Highlander (with co-author Brandon Jerwa and art by Lee Moder, 4-issue mini-series, Dynamite Entertainment, July 2006 - February 2007)
- The Cross Bronx (script and art, with co-author Ivan Brandon, 4-issue mini-series, Image Comics, September–December 2006)
- Wings of Anansi
- Blood River (co-writer with Dan Berman)
- Quixote : A modern-day retelling of Don Quixote (co-writer with Bryan Glass)
- Red Sonja
- Six (co-written with Dan Berman)
- Parliament Of Justice
- God Complex (co-written with Daniel Berman with art by John Broglia, 6-issue limited series, December 2009 - May 2010)
- Victories (script and art)
- Judge Dredd #1-5 (with writer Andrew Helfer, DC Comics, August–December 1994)
- Atomic Robo
- Bastard Samurai
- Bluntman and Chronic
- B.P.R.D.: The Soul of Venice
- Hammer of the Gods
- Bulletproof Monk (pencils, with writer Brett Lewis, Image Comics, 1998–1999, tpb, 2002, ISBN 1-58240-244-2)
- Powers (with Brian Michael Bendis, Icon Comics, 2000–present)
- Avengers (inking)
- Daredevil (inking)
- Judge Dredd: "Straight Eye for the Crooked Guy" (with Robbie Morrison, in 2000 AD Prog 2006, December 2005)
- Parliament of Justice
- Ship of Fools
- The Foot Soldiers
- What If... Thor
- The Cross Bronx
- The Mice Templar
- The Team Fortress 2 web comics, up until the release of Loose Canon, when he was moved to the Left 4 Dead team.
- The Sacrifice, a webcomic based on Left 4 Dead
- Takio (with Brian Michael Bendis, 96 page graphic novel, Icon Comics, March 2011, ISBN 978-0-7851-5326-9)
- Lab Rat, based on Portal and leading up to Portal 2
- "Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye" (Ongoing), DC Comics, August 2016
Eagle Awards in 2006 for favorite writer/artist of the Cross Bronx.
- 2001 Eisner Award for Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team (for Powers)
- The M I C E T E M P L A R//Oeming-Glass
- Piccione, Sebastian (July 11, 2008). Michael Avon Oeming Interview. Fanboy Buzz.
- Behrens, Web (April 1, 2011). "Superheroic sisters". Time Out Chicago.
- Avon Oeming, Michael. "Mac Update comic". Valve Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Avon Oeming, Michael. "Loose Canon". Valve Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Loose Canon". Valve Corporation. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Avon Oeming, Michael. "The Sacrifice". Valve Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "2001 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominees Winners". Hahn Library Comic Book Awards Almanac. Retrieved October 19, 2012. Eagle Awards in 2006 for favorite writer/artist of the Cross Bronx.
- Michael Avon Oeming at 2000 AD online
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Avon Oeming.|
- April 2006 Interview with the Outhouse
- September 2006 interview about his Omega Flight work, Newsarama
- Marvel Gazette Interview
- Interview about The Rapture at Things From Another World
(with Daniel Berman)
J. Michael Straczynski