Michael Barnes (Canadian author)
September 26, 1934 |
Born in London, England, Barnes came to Canada in 1956. He received a B.A. from the University of Western Ontario in 1964 and an M.Ed. from the University of Toronto in 1971.Hon. Inspector OPP 1991. Presiding Officer Canadian Citizenship Ceremonies 1995.
In 1994 he was made a Member of the Order of Canada.
- Scoundrels and Rogues-The Canadian Connection 2014
- Someone to Watch over You (juv.) 2013
- Northern Ontario-Introducing the Unknown Country 2012
- Building New Roads-The Marcel Labelle Story 2012, Commissioned work, unpublished
- Gold in Kirkland Lake 2011
- Fortunes Found-Canadian Mining Success. 2010.
- Haliburton in Highland Ontario. 2009.
- RED LAKE-Golden Treasure Chest. 2008.
- More Than Free Gold-Mineral Exploration in Canada since WWII. 2008
- The Scholarly Prospector - Don MacKinnon. 2007.
- Whirlybird Applesauce in I Sold My Gold Tooth for Gas Money. 2006.
- Wolves and Haliburton Forest. 2004.
- Looking Back COBALT. 2004.
- Killer in the Bush. 2004.
- Looking Back KIRKLAND LAKE. 2003.
- HALIBURTON: Memories of Past Years. 2003.
- The Essential Haliburton: Discover Highland Ontario. 2001.
- The Tri-Towns. 2000.
- Dedication to Duty: OPP Officers Who Died Serving Ontario. 2000.
- Helping You. 1999.
- Pour Vous Aider. 1999.
- Great Northern Ontario Mines. 1998.
- North Bay: Northern Gateway. 1997.
- Gold in Ontario. 1996.
- Great Northern Characters. 1996.
- Hello Canada: Ontario. 1996.
- Ride the Polar Bear Express - Visiting Moosonee & Moose Factory. 1996.
- Kirkland Lake on the Mile of Gold'. 1994
- Temagami. 1992
- The Gift. 1992
- Policing Ontario - The OPP Today. 1991
- Timmins - The Porcupine Country. 1985
- Fortunes in the Ground. 1993
- Link With A Lonely Land. 1985
and 21 others between 1973 and 1988
- Elizabeth Lumley (2001). Canadian Who's Who 2001: Volume 36.
- "Michael Barnes". The Writers' Union of Canada. Retrieved April 13, 2006.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|