Michael Bennett (defensive tackle, born 1993)
|No. 93 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||February 24, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||287 lb (130 kg)|
|High school:||Centerville (Centerville, Ohio)|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 6 / Pick: 180|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Bennett attended Centerville High School in Centerville, Ohio, where he was a first-team Division I All-Ohio performer who played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He was a two-time Greater Western Ohio Conference player of the year and served as team captain for coach Ron Ullery's 2010 Centerville team that went 9-3 and reached the regional semifinals.
Bennett was also a top competitor in track & field. In 2011, Bennett’s final throw of 19.48 meters (63 feet, 11 inches) in the shot put at the Division I track and field meet was enough to vault him to a state title at his future home on the Ohio State University campus. He followed up with a second-place finish in the discus with a toss of 56.50 meters (185 feet, 4 inches). He had top-throws of 19.80 meters (64 feet, 11.5 inches) in the shot put, 59.83 meters (196 feet, 3 inches) in the discus and 53.21 meters (174 feet, 6 inches) in the hammer at Centerville.
As a true freshman in 2011, Bennett played in all 13 games, recording 17 tackles and three quarterback sacks. As a sophomore in 2012, Bennett played in only eight games due to injury. As a junior in 2013, Bennett started all 13 games, recording 44 tackles and 7.5 sacks.
Bennett, who was unable to work out at the 2015 NFL Combine due to injury, pulled up on his 40-yard dash attempt at Ohio State's Pro Day with a hamstring problem. The injury forced him to withdraw from the other on-field drills.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 2 in
|5.04 s||1.74 s||2.87 s|
|All values from OSU Pro Day|
On May 2, 2015, Bennett was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars with the 180th overall pick in the sixth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. In 13 games of his rookie season, Bennett recorded ten tackles and half a sack.
On September 3, 2016, Bennett was placed on injured reserve.
On September 19, 2017, Bennett was again placed on injured reserve after suffering a pectoral injury.
On September 11, 2018, Bennett was released by the Jaguars.
On July 22, 2019, Bennett suffered a dislocated ankle and was placed on injured reserve.
- "Ohio State Buckeyes - Ohio State University Athletics". Ohio State Buckeyes.
- John Cummings, Contributing Writer. "Bennett glad he stuck with track, looking forward to OSU". daytondailynews.
- "Mike Bennett - Stats". Ohio MileSplit.
- David Jablonski, Staff Writer. "Centerville's Bennett proud to represent Ohio State defense in Chicago". daytondailynews.
- "Meet Michael Bennett, just a regular guy helping anchor Ohio State's defensive line". SI.com.
- Ohio State’s Bennett a well-grounded star Archived September 8, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "NFL Draft 2019 - Latest Draft News and Predictions". CBSSports.com.
- "2015 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- "Michael Bennett 2015 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- Oehser, John (September 3, 2016). "Down to 53: LB Davis, OG Bernadeau released". Jaguars.com.
- "Jaguars claim wide receiver Jaelen Strong off waivers". Jaguars.com. September 19, 2017.
- "Jaguars Roster Remains at 53". Jaguars.com. September 11, 2018.
- Conway, Kelsey (October 2, 2018). "Falcons sign former Jaguars' defensive tackle Michael Bennett". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- McFadden, Will (October 30, 2018). "Falcons sign Pro Bowler Zane Beadles, waive Michael Bennett". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Conway, Kelsey (January 10, 2019). "Falcons add Michael Bennett to list of players signed to reserve/futures contracts". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- McFadden, Will (July 26, 2019). "Falcons agree to terms with Stephone Anthony and Richie Brown". AtlantaFalcons.com.