|Occupation||Academic and Computer Scientist|
Education and career
Bletsas studied at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and received a masters degree in computer engineering from Boston University. Before joining the Media Lab, he was a Systems Engineer at Aware Inc. He is one of the founders of the Greek mobile advertising and marketing company Velti S.A. and he was also one of the leaders in an effort to provide wireless networking to the island of Patmos, Greece.
Michail Bletsas is one of the designers of OLPC's XO laptop.  He was one of the principals of the OLPC team  where he made various contributions, including the design and implementation of the first embedded layer-2 wifi mesh stack. From February 2006 to January 2009, he was OLPC's Chief Connectivity Officer and VP Advanced Technology and he was member of the group which received the Community category award of the 2007 Index: Award, for the design of the OLPC XO-1 laptop computer.
He was a keynote speaker at the 4th and 5th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2007 and 2008 respectively, at the 8th International Conference on Computer Based Learning in Science in Heraklion, Crete, 2007, at Disruptions 2007 in Athens, Greece, and at the 4th Balkan Conference in Informatics in Thessaloniki, Greece, 2009.
- Biography as a keynote speaker at the Consumer Communications & Networking Conference, 2007, retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Nortel Wireless Mesh Boosts Broadband for Patmos Islanders, Nortel, July 23, 2008.
- "Patmos, un'isola tutta wireless", Computer World Italia, July 25, 2008, archived from the original on December 22, 2010.
-  retrieved July 11, 2010
- Laptop computer Patent
- Heater, Brian (January 18, 2008), "OLPC Exec Addresses Project's Shortcomings", PC Magazine.
- Michail Bletsas, Chief Connectivity Officer, One Laptop Per Child
- ‹See Tfd›US application 315042
- OLPC's Interview: OLPC's Michail Bletsas Archived 2010-07-28 at the Wayback Machine
- "World's Largest Design Award, Top 6 Winners Announced", Digital Journal, August 25, 2007.
- Index:Award > 2007 > WINNERS 2007 > OLPC XO
- CCNC 2007
- CCNC 2008 keynote speakers
- CBLIS 2007 program Archived 2011-04-15 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Meet the speakers, Disruptions 2007, retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Call for participation, BCI 2009, retrieved 2010-06-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Bletsas.|
- MIT Media Lab "http://web.media.mit.edu/~mbletsas/"