From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Return of Wealth: A Study of Poverty and the Poor in the Islamic Near East, 600-1100. In preparation.
- Les Origines du jihâd. Paris: Les Éditions du Téraèdre, forthcoming .
- Islam, Democracy and the State in Algeria: Lessons for the Western Mediterranean and Beyond. Co-edited with Mark Tessler and Megan Reif. A special issue of Journal of North African Studies, and a volume published by Frank Cass (London). Forthcoming .
- "Arab-Byzantine Relations". Vol. 8 of The Formation of the Classical Islamic World, under general editorship of Lawrence I. Conrad. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate/Variorum, forthcoming .
- Poverty and Charity in Middle Eastern Contexts. Co-edited with Amy Singer and Mine Ener. Forthcoming with SUNY Press, 2003.
- Aristocratic Violence and Holy War: Studies on the Jihad and the Arab-Byzantine Frontier. New Haven: American Oriental Society Monograph Series, 1996.