|Born||1951 (age 66–67)|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Ambient, world music, new-age, experimental, soundtrack|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, inventor, film score composer|
|Instruments||Guitar, Infinite Guitar, sequencer, keyboards, bass guitar, djembe, surdo, percussion|
|Labels||Real World, E.G., 4AD|
|Associated acts||Brian Eno, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Robert Fripp, David Sylvian, Trey Gunn|
Michael Brook (born 1951) is a Canadian guitarist, inventor, producer, and film music composer. He plays in many genres, including rock, electronica, world music, minimalism and film scores. His collaborations with musicians around the world have made him "one of the most sought-after producers in the music industry."  Born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Brook currently lives in Los Angeles.
Brook toured as a member of the Sylvian and Fripp tour group, with the final concert at the Royal Albert Hall in December 1994 documented on the album Damage: Live. He also opened the concerts with a solo set, featuring the Infinite Guitar with effects and sequencer backing. Another notable collaboration was Sleeps with the Fishes with Clan of Xymox member Pieter Nooten (4AD, 1987). In 1998, he produced the album "Volcán: Tributo a José José", a tribute album to singer Jose Jose. In 2006, the solo album RockPaperScissors was released, with an ambient remix version following in 2007. Brook toured small venues in Canada and the United States in late January/early February, 2007. In writing about his score for the film 2015 film Brooklyn, Variety said the film was "buoyed along by a beautiful Michael Brook score  and The Hollywood Reporter praised his "evocative scoring."
Awards and honors
Studio & live albums
|1985||Michael Brook with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois||Hybrid
|1986||Jon Hassell||Power Spot
||Brook plays infinite guitar on three tracks|
|1987||Pieter Nooten and Michael Brook||Sleeps with the Fishes
|1990||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan||Mustt Mustt
||First collaboration with Khan; credited only to Khan|
|1992||Michael Brook||Cobalt Blue
||Reissued together in 1999 as a 2-CD set titled Cobalt Blue & Live at the Aquarium|
|Live at the Aquarium - London Zoo 21 May 1992
|1994||David Sylvian and Robert Fripp||Damage: Live
||Featuring Michael Brook|
|1995||U. Srinivas and Michael Brook||Dream
||Featuring Trey Gunn|
||Unofficial release, recorded live during the Lanzarote Music Festival, December 1989|
|1996||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook||Night Song
||Second collaboration with Khan|
|1997||Iarla Ó Lionáird with Michael Brook||The Seven Steps to Mercy (Seacht gCoiscéim Na Trocaire)
|Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook Remixed: Star Rise
||Last collaboration with Khan; features remixes of tracks from Mustt Mustt and Night Song|
|1998||Djivan Gasparyan and Michael Brook||Black Rock
|2001||Hukwe Zawose and Michael Brook||Assembly
||Remix album of RockPaperScissors by James Hood|
|2008||Djivan Gasparyan and Michael Brook||Penumbra
||Second collaboration with Gasparyan|
- Captive (1986) – co-writer/producer with The Edge.
- Heat (1995)
- Albino Alligator (1997)
- Affliction (1999)
- Crime and Punishment in Suburbia (2000)
- Mission: Impossible 2 (2000)
- Black Hawk Down (2001) - music composed by Hans Zimmer
- charlotte sometimes (2002)
- India: Kingdom of the Tiger (2002)
- An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
- Tre (2007)
- Into the Wild (2007)
- Americanese (2008)
- Road, Movie (2009)
- Morning (2010)
- 9500 Liberty (2010)
- The Fighter (2010)
- Country Strong (2010)
- El Infierno (2010)
- Darwin (2011)
- Undefeated (2011)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
- Cas and Dylan (2013)
- Aloft (2015)
- Brooklyn (2015)
- Tallulah (2016)
- Stronger (2017)
- The Days With Mercy (tba)
- Brook, Michael. "Michael Brook's Eclectic Rock Tribute". NPR. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Biography by Jason Ankeny. "Michael Brook | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Peter Debruge (2015-01-30). "'Brooklyn' Review: Saoirse Ronan Embodies Immigrant Experience". Variety. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "'Brooklyn': Sundance Review". The Hollywood Reporter. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Ahmad, Salman. Rock & Roll Jihad: A Muslim Rock Star's Revolution. New York: Free Press, 2010. 127.
- "Michael Brook". Ascap.com. 2014-06-25. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Michael Brook - Shona (CD, Album) at Discogs". Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Reighley, Kurt B. "Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Michael Brook: Remixed" CMJ New Music Monthly 55 (Mar 1998): 40.