Michael Buckley (author)
Buckley in 2007
August 16, 1969
|Alma mater||Ohio University,
University of Akron
The Sisters Grimm
|Spouse||Alison Fargis (m. 2005)|
Sometime after college Buckley moved to New York City to start an internship with the Late Show with David Letterman, then moved into a television production job where he worked on documentaries. His books are published by Harry N. Abrams.
Recently, Buckley and his writing partner, Joe Deasy, created a new animated series for Cartoon Network called Robotomy. Buckley and Deasy executive produced as well as wrote the first season that starred Patton Oswalt and Dana Snyder (Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force). The series aired in CN's prime time block.
The Sisters Grimm
- The Fairy-Tale Detectives (2005)
- The Unusual Suspects (2005)
- The Problem Child (2006)
- Once Upon a Crime (2007)
- Magic and Other Misdemeanors (2007)
- Tales from the Hood (2008)
- The Everafter War (2009)
- The Inside Story (2010)
- The Council of Mirrors (2012)
- The Sisters Grimm: A Very Grimm Guide (2012)
- NERDS: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society (2009)
- M is for Mama's Boy (2010)
- The Cheerleaders of Doom (2011)
- The Villain Virus (2012)
- Attack of the BULLIES (2013)
- "Ohio Birth Index, 1908-2011". Ohio Department of Health. September 10, 1969. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS; Alison Fargis, Michael Buckley". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. 2005-09-18. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Reading by Author Michael Buckley Part of Harry Potter Weekend Events". Putnam County News and Recorder. 2007-07-10. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Fleming, Mike (January 20, 2012). "Elton John’s Rocket Pictures Turning Kidbook ‘Nerds’ Into Animated Feature". Deadline. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- "Kel Gilligan's Daredevil Stunt Show". Abrams Books. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Rights Report: Week of July 29, 2013". Publishers Weekly. August 1, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
The series launches with Undertow in spring 2015, with books two and three to follow in spring 2016 and spring 2017.