Michael C. Ormsby
|Michael C. Ormsby|
|United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington|
October 15, 2010 – March 10, 2017
|Preceded by||James A. McDevitt|
|Succeeded by||Joseph Harrington (acting)|
1957 (age 60–61)|
|Alma mater||Gonzaga University (B.A., J.D.)|
Michael C. Ormsby (born 1957) is the former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington. He was appointed in 2010 by President Barack Obama upon the recommendation of Senator Patty Murray, replacing James A. McDevitt with whom he served at K&L Gates. As one of 93 US Attorneys nationwide, he represents the United States in all civil and criminal cases within his district.
Before his appointment as US Attorney, Ormsby was an attorney in private practice. From 1981 to 1988, he was an associate at the eastern Washington law firm, Lukins & Annis—the same firm where he clerked and interned as a law student. From 1988 to 2010, he was a partner at K&L Gates, where he specialized in municipal finance and involved in the fraudulent River Park Square transaction. Throughout this time, he was heavily involved in Spokane politics.
Ormsby is a 1975 graduate of North Central High School (Spokane, Washington), a 1979 graduate of Gonzaga University, and a 1981 graduate of Gonzaga University School of Law. He is a self-reported baseball enthusiast, and was a partial owner of a Minor League Baseball team (the Yakima Bears). His brother, Timm, is a member of the Washington House of Representatives.
- Meet Michael C. Ormsby | Main Justice Archived 2014-08-18 at the Wayback Machine.
- President Obama Nominates Kenneth J. Gonzales and Michael C. Ormsby to Serve as United States Attorneys | The White House
- Northwest Progressive Institute Advocate: Troubled Spokane parking garage project could come back to haunt Michael Ormsby
- Ormsby nominated to be U.S. attorney for East Side - Spokesman.com - Feb. 21, 2009
- USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Washington
- Michael Ormsby … North Central High School Distinguished Alumnu
- USDOJ: Executive Office for United States Attorneys
- The Torch Passes to Mike Ormsby | Center for Justice
James A. McDevitt
| United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|