||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
March 6, 1959|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||October 14, 1989
New York, New York, U.S.
Michael Carmine (March 6, 1959 – October 14, 1989) was an American actor.
Born in Flatbush Brooklyn New York. He graduated from the High School of the Performing Arts at the age of sixteen, and went on to study his craft at the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia. He made his first appearance before the cameras as an extra in "Rollercoaster" and received his first speaking part on "Hill Street Blues" playing Ramos, which became a recurring role. A small part in Brian De Palma's "Scarface" was followed by the role of Snake in Michael Mann's television series "Miami Vice," which led to his first major role in Mann's "Band of the Hand," directed by Paul Michael Glaser.
Michael Carmine was also known for starring in the 1987 film "Batteries Not Included" alongside veteran actors Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy. In the movie, Carmine played a thug who was out to rid the residents of an apartment building scheduled to be demolished. He encountered space ships, who would rebuild the apartment home. During one scene of the movie, he rescues Tandy's character from certain death as the building was set on fire by an arsonist.
Carmine died of AIDS-related heart failure on October 14, 1989 at age 30.
- Hill Street Blues
- "Some Like It Hot-Wired" (1982) .... Car Thief
- "The Shooter" (1982) .... Screaming Boy
- "Bombshells" (1982) .... Patient
- ABC Afterschool Special
- But It's Not My Fault (1983) .... Vato Loco
- Miami Vice
- "Nobody Lives Forever" (1985) .... Snake
- "Everybody's in Showbiz" (1987) .... Mikey
- Crime Story
- "Atomic Fallout" (1987)
- Tour of Duty
- "Soldiers" (1988) .... Rudy Morales
- Invasion U.S.A. (1985) .... Tonio
- Band of the Hand (1986) .... Ruben
- *batteries not included (1987) .... Carlos
- Leviathan (1989) .... Tony 'DeJesus' Rodero
- Longtime Companion (1990) .... Alberto