Michael Chowen studied civil engineering at Birmingham University from 1958 to 1961. Chowen was the founder of Sussex Stationers. He has donated to a number of educational organisations including to the University of Brighton to set up a research project to reduce greenhouse gases. Chowen was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science by the University of Brighton for his philanthropic activities in education. He was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of the University by the University of Sussex. He was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2015 New Year Honours for charitable services. He is a Deputy Lieutenant of East Sussex for the Brighton and Hove area.
- "Sussex residents receive New Years honours from the Queen". The Argus. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Honorary graduates". brighton.ac.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Students celebrate success at Winter Graduation 2007". sussex.ac.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "East Sussex Lord Lieutenant - Deputy Lieutenants - Lieutenancy of East Sussex - East Sussex Lieutenancy". East Sussex Lieutenancy. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Michael Chowen". brighton.ac.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2015.[permanent dead link]
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|