This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harvard Business School (M.B.A.)|
Harvard College (B.A.)
Michael Cohrs (born in Midland, Michigan) is an American financier. He was Co-head of Corporate and Investment Banking and head of Global Banking ( which comprises the mergers and acquisitions (M&A), global capital markets, coverage, commercial banking and global transaction banking businesses) at Deutsche Bank. He was also a member of the Group Executive Committee and the Management Board. He retired from Deutsche Bank in September 2010.
Cohrs holds a B.A. from Harvard College (1979) and a M.B.A. from Harvard Business School (1981). In 1981 he started his career at Goldman Sachs in New York, and was sent to London in 1989. Between 1991 and 1995 he served as a Director at S. G. Warburg & Co.. He was recruited by Deutsche Bank and played a leading role in building its corporate and investment bank.
In November 2009 Cohrs was appointed an Adjunct Professor at Peking University in Beijing.
In January 2012 he was appointed a Fellow of Cambridge University and as an advisor to EQT in Sweden.
- Hiller, Christian von (2004-09-21). "Doppelspitze im Investmentbanking". Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- Eisenhammer, John. "How the Mighty Warburgs has Fallen", The Independent on Sunday, February 10, 1996 https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/how-is-the-mighty-warburg-fallen-1572402.html
- Armitstead, Louse. "Investment Banker Hired to Spot Future Crises", The Daily Telegraph, February 18, 2011 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8331213/Investment-banker-hired-to-spot-future-crises.html
- Jacqueline Simmons. "Cohrs Set to Retire After Deutsche Bank Narrows M&A Gap With Goldman Sachs" Bloomberg News, June 3, 2010
- The Deal Interview with Michael Cohrs, Die Welt is Flat by Vipal Monga
- The True Bosses of the Deutsche Bank by Gerd Zitzelsberger
- Wall Street Journal Deutsche Bank Moves Put CEO Hunt in Focus
- Deutsche Bank Appoints New Board Members
- Cohrs Jain Avoid Crises Losses
- Michael Cohrs Appointed Adjunct Professor
- HMT Michael Cohrs appointed to the Court of the Bank of England
- Michael Cohrs Advisor to EQT