Michael Cooper (economist)
|Michael H. Cooper|
Cooper took a position as senior chair in economics at the University of Otago in 1976, where he established the university's first health economics class. He worked at the university for 18 years, becoming pro vice-chancellor. He chaired the Otago Area Health Board. In 1994, he was awarded an OBE.
- The Price of Blood. The Institute of Economic Affairs, 1968
- Rationing Health Care. Croom Helm, 1975
- Topham-Kindley, Liane (2 August 2017). "Michael Cooper, NZ's father of health economics, understood primary care".
- "Two Economists: W. J Baumol (1922-2017) and M. H. Cooper (1938-2017) | Pundit". www.pundit.co.nz. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Economics – science, art or business?". University of Otago 1869-2019. 2015-10-11. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- Sinclair, Kay (14 Oct 2017). "Economics professor shining star in health arena". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 18 Nov 2017.