Corbey grew up in Roermond and received his MA in Technology Management at the Eindhoven University of Technology, and in 1995 his PhD with a thesis entitled "Logistiek management & management accounting : logistieke flexibiliteit in bedrijfseconomisch perspectief" (logistic management & management accounting: logistic flexibility in business economical perspective) under supervision of Jacques Theeuwes.
Corbey started his career working in industry and consultancy. In 1993 he returned to the academic world and became Associate Professor at the Faculty of Economics of the Tilburg University. In 1997-98 he was Visiting faculty at the INSEAD Business School in Fontainebleau. In 1999 he was appointed Professor Management Accounting and Control at the Maastricht University and Director of the Register Controller program. In 2002 he was appointed Professor of Management Accounting and Control at the TIAS School for Business and Society at the Tilburg University.
Corbey is member of the editorial board of the Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie and Tijdschrift voor Organisaties in Control and others. In 2006 and 2007 Corbey was awarded the TiasNimbas Best Teacher Award.
Books, a selection:
- 1995. Logistiek management & management accounting : logistieke flexibiliteit in bedrijfseconomisch perspectief
- 1999. Bedrijfseconomie Deel I: Grondslagen en Perspectieven. With W.G.H. van Hulst.
Articles, a selection:
- Corbey, M. H. "Meetbare economische gevolgen van investeringen in flexibele capaciteit." Bedrijfskunde 61.3 (1989): 234.
- Corbey, M. H., and P. G. Tullemans. "Economische beslissingsondersteuning bij volumeflexibiliteit." Bedrijfskunde 63.3 (1991): 289.
- Dr. ir. Michael Corbey benoemd tot hoogleraar Persbericht Universiteit van Maastricht, 29 October 1999.
- Michael Hubert Corbey (1963-) Prestatiebeloning en instrumentalisme in management control. Inaugurele rede Universiteit van Tilburg.
- Register Controller / Executive Master of Finance & Control faculty at tiasnimbas.edu, 2013.
- List of Publications at National Library of the Netherlands
- Publications Michael Corbey (as of the year 2002) Accessed September 2013.