|Michael F. Curtin|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives|
from the 17th district
January 6, 2013 – December 31, 2016
|Preceded by||Inaugural holder|
|Succeeded by||Adam Miller|
Bishop Watterson High School|
Ohio State University
|Profession||journalist, legislator, author|
Michael F. "Mike" Curtin is a former Democratic member of the Ohio House of Representatives for the 17th district. He retired from The Dispatch Printing Company, the publisher of The Columbus Dispatch. He first joined the newspaper in 1973 as a reporter. He began covering the Ohio legislature as a reporter in 1982, and subsequently became public affairs editor and managing editor before retiring as associate publisher emeritus in 2007. He decided to run for the 17th district when he noticed that a redistricting left it without an incumbent. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary. In the general election he was opposed by Republican Nicholas A. Szabo, who he defeated with 62.6% of the vote. He was re-elected in 2014 after defeating Republican Mike Newbern, 55% to 45%.
- The Ohio Politics Almanac (1996)
- "Representative Michael F. Curtin (D)". Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Michael F. Curtin - House District 17". Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Bell, Jeff (2 November 2011). "Former Dispatch Exec Curtin Prepping Run For Statehouse". Columbus Biz Insider. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Larkin, Brent (3 March 2012). "Columbus Journalist Soon To Be Lawmaker: Brent Larkin". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Froman, Alan (10 October 2012). "Curtin, Szabo Set Sights On New 17th Ohio House District". ThisWeek Community News. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "2012 Elections Results". Ohio Secretary of State. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Our Campaigns - OH State House 17 Race - Nov 04, 2014". Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- Curtin, Michael F. (1996). The Ohio Politics Almanac. Kent State University Press. ISBN 9780873385404.