Michael D. Swords
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael D. Swords is a retired professor of Natural Science at Western Michigan University, who writes about general sciences and anomalous phenomena, particularly parapsychology, cryptozoology, and ufology, editing the academic publication The Journal of UFO Studies. He is a board member of the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies.
In 1962 Swords graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a B.S.. He studied biochemistry at Iowa State University (where he earned his M.S.), and at Case Western Reserve University (where he earned his Ph.D. in 1972).
As a ufologist, Swords is an authority on the Condon Committee. He was editor of the Journal for UFO Studies. He was a prominently featured pundit on the prime time 2005 television special Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs — Seeing Is Believing, discussing the early history of the U.S. Military's UFO investigations (see also Project Sign and Project Grudge.)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association of University Professors
- Society for Scientific Exploration
- UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry (Amonalist Books: 2012) by The UFO History Group, Michael Swords, Robert Powell, Richard Thieme, et al.
- "THUMBNAIL HISTORY OF ENVIRONMENTALISM" at the Wayback Machine (archived 2003-02-02), Western Michigan University
- "THE USAF-SPONSORED COLORADO PROJECT FOR THE SCIENTIFIC STUDY OF UFOS" at Archive.is (archived 2013-01-13)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- Popular Mechanics, May 2001
- Fritze, R. (February 2013). "Reviews: UFOs and government: a historical inquiry". Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 50 (6).
Although these nine authors are part of the UFO community, they are not advocates of fringe theories. Their narrative is firmly based on the available sources.... A useful resource for the study of a controversial topic... Recommended, all levels/libraries.
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an ufologist or other UFO-related people is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|