Michael Darragh MacAuley
|Irish name||Micheál Darragh Mac Amhalghaidh|
21 August 1986|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Ballyboden St Enda's|
Froebel College of Education |
Michael Darragh MacAuley (MDMA) is a Dublin-born inter-county Gaelic footballer for Dublin. He plays his club football with Ballyboden St Enda's, with whom he won the 2016 All-Ireland Senior Club Football Championship. He also won the 2009 Dublin Senior Football Championship, 2015 Dublin Senior Football Championship and 2015 Leinster Senior Football Club championship. Michael is the 2013 All Stars Footballer of the Year.
MacAuley made his senior football debut for Dublin against Wexford in the first round of the O'Byrne Cup; he scored a point on his debut. McAuley made his debut in the league against the 2009 All-Ireland Champions Kerry. He scored a decisive point in the game which assured the win for Dublin against Kerry.
MacAuley made his Championship debut as a substitute against Wexford in the 2010 Leinster Senior Football Championship. He made his second appearance against Meath in the semi final of the Leinster football championship, a game in which Dublin were easily beaten by the Royals. MacAuley had his first start for Dublin against Tipperary in a second round qualifier for the All-Ireland Championship. He scored his first Championship goal and point in a game in which he finished with 1-01 of the final score of 1-21 to 1-13 at Croke Park. MacAuley scored a point in Dublin's eventual exit from that season's All-Ireland Championship at the semi-final stage.
MacAuley won his first All-Ireland Senior Football Championship in September 2011, when Dublin baet Kerry at Croke Park. He wasn't surprised by the comeback nature of the game, saying: "We had been down before in matches. It wasn't the first time we were down. We actually had a training game the week before when the As played the Bs and it was a very similar situation". His second All-Ireland title came against Mayo in 2013, as did the All Stars Footballer of the Year, when he succeeded Karl Lacey to the title.
- All-Ireland Senior Football Championship (5): 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Leinster Senior Football Championship (7): 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- All-Ireland Senior Club Football Championship (1): 2016
- Leinster Senior Club Football Championship (1): 2015
- Dublin Senior Football Championship (2): 2009, 2015
- 2 All Star Awards (2011, 2013)
- 1 The Sunday Game Player of the Year (2013)
- 1 All Stars Footballer of the Year (2013)
- "MDMA and Tony Kelly scoop top gongs at GAA GPA All Star Awards". 8 November 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Michael Darragh Macauley crowned Footballer of the Year: Macauley's team-mate Jack McCaffrey picked up the Young Player gong". 8 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Dublin ease past Wexford to spark new hope". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media. 18 January 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- "Dublin 1-12 Kerry 1-10". RTÉ Sport. 7 February 2010. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- "Dublin 2-16 Wexford 0-15 (AET)". RTÉ Sport. 13 June 2010. Archived from the original on 15 June 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- "Royals rout Dubs in Leinster semi". Hill16.ie. 2010-06-27. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "Dubs book place in next round of football qualifiers". Hill16.ie. 2010-07-11. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "Dublin 1-14 1-15 Cork". BBC News. 22 August 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "MacAuley was never in doubt". 23 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.