1 April 1941
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Residence||Sunny Isles, Miami, Florida|
|Occupation||real estate investor|
|Children||Leslie Dezer Salmon
Estee Dezer Gurwitz
Michael Dezertzov (Hebrew: מייקל דזר; born 1 April 1941), known as Michael Dezer, is an Israeli-American real estate developer and car collector. He is the founder of Dezer Properties and known for his investments in New York and Florida real estate in association with Donald Trump.
In 1962, he immigrated to the U.S. where he went to night school and worked in advertising before starting a typesetting business. He then started investing in real estate and founded Dezer Properties in New York City which focused on the Chelsea neighborhood, which was then transitioning into an arts community from its former identity as a manufacturing center. As of 2013, Dezer owns and manages 1.3 million square feet of commercial space in Chelsea.
In the 1980s, he purchased a number of ocean front plots in Miami and, in partnership with Donald Trump, developed numerous properties including the $900 million Trump Towers, the $600 million Trump Grande Ocean Resort and Residences and the $166 million Trump International Hotel and Tower in Sunny Isles Beach.
In May 2017, Brazilian Federal Police launched "Operation Miami Connection" to shut down a money laundering scheme it accused Dezer Properties of being involved in. Dezer Properties is behind the Porsche Design Towers Brava, a luxury condominium to open in 2022 that is being marketed to foreigners in Praia Brava on Santa Catarina Island in Brazil. The Brazilian authorities alleged that a contractor laundered more than R$12 million (US$4 million) through Dezer Properties as "licensing fees" paid to Porsche SE. According to Brazilian media, the FBI and the Brazilian federal police are cooperating on the investigation, which involves three businessmen from the United States and Germany.
Dezer is of Russian descent. He is married to fellow Israeli Noemi (née Kerekes) and has three children: daughters Leslie Dezer Salmon (born 1970) and Estee Dezer Gurwitz (born 1978); and son Gil Dezer (born 1975). All his children participate in the family business. His son Gil is currently developing the 60-story Porsche Design Tower in Sunny Isles Beach.
Dezer collects cars and has over 1,000 cars in the Miami Auto Museum in North Miami. The collection has diverse types of cars like European classics, American classics, microcars, movie cars, supercars to military vehicles. Adding to the cars, he has hundreds of other vehicles like Motorcycles, Scooters, Bicycles and the largest collection of Vespas displayed at the museum. As his collection went on growing, he launched 2 outposts of his main Miami Auto Museum. In 2014, he opened Hollywood Cars Museum in Las Vegas by partnering with classic and exotic car dealer Hot Rod City to display more than 100 cars from movies, TV shows and videos. In 2016, he bought a space in Xtreme Sports Park in Fort Lauderdale to open the second outpost of his main museum to display about 200 cars.
- Elliot, Hannah (25 May 2013). "מבונד ועד באטמן: המכוניות המדהימות של טייקון הנדל"ן". Forbes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Elliott, Hannah (15 April 2013). "Meet The Real Estate Baron Who Owns James Bond's Soviet Tank - And The Batmobile". Forbes. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Freeman, Patricia; Huzinec, Mary (29 August 1988). "Michael Dezer Just Hated to See the ’50s Disappear…So He Brought Them Back – Vol. 30 No. 9". People. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Miami Herald: "Porsche fanatic Gil Dezer makes mark in Sunny Isles Beach" By Martha Brannigan October 27, 2013
- The Real Deal: "The quiet players - Meet some New York City empire builders who shun the spotlight" By Gabby Warshawer September 01, 2009
- Silverstein, Ken (2 October 2013). "Miami: Where Luxury Real Estate Meets Dirty Money". The Nation. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "Alleged Brazilian money-laundering scheme touches Dezer Development, Porsche Design". The Real Deal Miami. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Castro, Arlaine (20 May 2017). "PF deflagra fraude milionária envolvendo empresários em Miami e Santa Catarina -". Gazeta News (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Lane, Nathan; Parker, Ned; Reiter, Svetlana; Gray, Steven; McNeil, Ryan (17 March 2017). "СПЕЦИАЛЬНЫЙ РЕПОРТАЖ-Российская элита инвестировала в здания Трампа около $100 млн" (in Russian). Reuters. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- The Real Deal: "Gil Dezer lives life in the fast lane - Car-crazy condo developer redefines luxury in Sunny Isles" By Emily Schmall October 01, 2013
- Dezer Collection website retrieved November 2, 2013
- "Michael Dezertzov - $100,000 in Political Contributions for 2016". CampaignMoney.com. Retrieved 28 May 2017.