Michael Evans (Australian footballer)
|Full name||Michael Evans|
|Date of birth||13 July 1992|
|Original team||Claremont, WAFL|
|Draft||31st overall, 2011
|Height/Weight||180 cm / 75 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2014 season.
He was drafted to Melbourne from the Claremont Football Club in the West Australian Football League with the 31st selection in the 2011 Rookie Draft. He was then elevated to the senior list when Jake Spencer was placed on the long-term injury list.
In May 2011 he was named to make his debut with the Melbourne football club in the Round 9 match against St Kilda at Etihad Stadium. In a disappointing loss for the Demons, Evans had an impressive debut, gathering 27 disposals and seven inside 50s; named as one of Melbourne's best players and his good form was one of the few positives Melbourne could take away from the match.
Evans was delisted in November 2014, he and the club were in discussions in the weeks leading up to his delisting regarding re-drafting him as a rookie due to him still having a year left on his contract, however, he notified the club that he was weighing up his options and was unsure whether he wanted to continue his AFL career.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2014 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Hooper, Mark (19 May 2011). "Melbourne call up Evans". The West Australian. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Landsberger, Sam (16 May 2011). "Michael Evans in the mix for Melbourne". Herald Sun. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Witham, Jennifer (21 May 2011). "Relieved Saints survive Dees". Australian Football League. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Niall, Jake (22 May 2011). "Saints take small steps to old form". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Contracted Demon Evans in a pickle after delisting". 13 November 2014.
- Michael Evans's statistics from AFL Tables