Michael Gallagher (Isis guitarist)
|Born||Massachusetts, United States|
|Genres||Post-metal, experimental, post-rock, progressive metal, sludge metal, avant-garde doom|
|Years active||1994 – present|
|Labels||Hydra Head Records, Ipecac Recordings|
Cast Iron Hike
Michael Gallagher is an American guitarist, best known for his work with post-metal band Isis. He joined them in 1999 for their debut LP Celestial, having previously been a member of Cast Iron Hike. He has an ambient project known as MGR (Mustard Gas & Roses); under this moniker he has released two albums and scored one film.
He plays a '78 Les Paul Custom, which he bought on eBay, through a Fryette Sig:x Amplifier. While playing in Isis he normally tuned his guitar down to Dropped B (B-F#-B-E-G#-B), like his bandmate Aaron Turner.
With Cast Iron Hike
- Sawblade (1999)
- Isis / Pig Destroyer (2000) (Split with Pig Destroyer)
- Celestial (2000)
- SGNL>05 (2001)
- Oceanic (2002)
- Panopticon (2004)
- Oceanic: Remixes & Reinterpretations (2004)
- In the Fishtank 14 (2006) (Split with Aereogramme)
- In the Absence of Truth (2006)
- Wavering Radiant (2009)
- Bennett, J. (June 2009). "Five Alive". Decibel (56): 68–73.
- DaRonco, Mike. "Cast Iron Hike". allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Wavering on the Cresting Heft (CORE056LP)". Conspiracy Records. Retrieved 9 September 2008.
- Jaschke, Magnus (November 2005). "Interview Isis/MGR". Creative Eclipse. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- "Gear Tour: Isis". Guitar World. 1 February 2008. Archived from the original on 5 August 2008. Retrieved 9 September 2008.
- "Fall Activities". Isis official blog. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2011.