Gallup with the Cowboys in 2018
|No. 13 – Dallas Cowboys|
|Born:||March 4, 1996|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Monroe Area|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Gallup attended Monroe Area High School in Monroe, Georgia, where he played football, baseball, basketball, and ran track. He started focusing on football as a junior, playing quarterback in a triple option offense.
As a senior, Gallup played wide receiver and running back, registering 28 receptions for 637 yards (22.8-yard average) and 10 receiving touchdowns, 37 carries for 484 yards (13.1-yard average) and 7 rushing touchdowns. He helped his team advance to the second round of the Class 4A playoffs.
Gallup moved on to Butler Community College to improve his grades. As a freshman in 2014, he led the team with 780 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. Against Dodge City Community College, he tallied 5 receptions for 287 yards and three touchdowns.
In 2016, Gallup transferred to Colorado State University. He started slow in his first season, but began to increase his production after his third game against the University of Northern Colorado, when he had 4 receptions for 82 yards and one touchdown. He played in all 13 games (11 starts), recording 76 receptions for 1,272 yards (tied for first in the conference) and 14 touchdowns.
Gallup finished his career with various accomplishments. He had 3 of the top 8 single-game all-time receiving performances in school history, 4 of the top 10 games in school history for receptions, ranked second in single-season receiving touchdowns (14), only player in school history to catch 3 or more touchdowns three times, record for single-season receptions (100), second-best single-season receiving yards (1,413), ranked fifth in career receptions (176).
On November 20, 2017, it was announced that Gallup had accepted his invitation to play in the Senior Bowl. On January 27, 2018, Gallup caught three passes for 60-yards and was part of Denver Broncos' head coach Vance Joseph's North team that lost 45-16 to the South coach by Houston Texans' head coach Bill O'Brien. He attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and completed all of the combine and positional drills. On March 7, 2018, Gallup participated at Colorado State's pro day and performed the 40-yard dash (4.45s), 20-yard dash (2.63s), 10-yard dash (1.57s), broad jump (10'8"), short shuttle (4.52s), and three-cone drill (7.09s). At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Gallup was projected to be a third round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the 10th best wide receiver prospect in the draft by DraftScout.com and was ranked the 14th best wide receiver by Scouts Inc.
|Michael Gallup's NFL Combine Workout|
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 0 3⁄4 in
|31 1⁄2 in
|9 1⁄4 in
|4.51 s||1.60 s||2.66 s||4.37 s||6.95 s||36 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
|Cowboys draft Michael Gallup 81st overall|
2018 season: Rookie year
Gallup made his NFL debut in the season-opening 16-8 loss to the Carolina Panthers, catching one pass for nine yards. On October 21, he caught his first NFL touchdown on a 49-yard pass from Dak Prescott in a 20-17 loss to the Washington Redskins.
Gallup finished his rookie year with 33 receptions for 507 yards and two touchdowns.
During the season-opener against the New York Giants, Gallup caught seven passes for 158 yards in the 35–17 victory. He missed Weeks 3-4 due to a knee surgery. During Week 11 against the Detroit Lions, Gallup finished with nine receptions for 148 yards in the 35–27 road victory. Three weeks later against the Chicago Bears on Thursday Night Football, he caught six passes for 109 yards and a touchdown in the 31–24 road loss. In the regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins, he caught five passes for 98 yards and three touchdowns in the 47–16 victory. Overall, Gallup finished the 2019 season with 66 receptions for 1,107 receiving yards and six receiving touchdowns.
Gallup was adopted when he was 10 months old.
- "Michael Gallup's determination leads him from Kansas junior college to CSU". Coloradoan. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando. "Q&A with Colorado State wide receiver Michael Gallup". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Brohard, Mike. "Michael Gallup becoming Colorado State football's big-play threat". Loveland Reporter-Herald. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Lytle, Kevin. "Michael Gallup's determination leads him from Kansas junior college to CSU". Coloradoan. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Frei, Terry. "Michael Gallup fishing for more catches this fall for CSU Rams". Denver Post. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Fredrickson, Kyle. "Colorado State receiver Michael Gallup named one of three Biletnikoff Award finalists". Denver Post. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- "Gallup accepts invitation to 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl". csurams.com. November 20, 2017. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- Kurtzman, Rich (January 29, 2018). "Michael Gallup only boosted his draft stock in Senior Bowl". milehighsports.com. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- "Michael Gallup, DS #10 WR, Colorado State". draftscout.com. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- "NFL Michael Gallup, DS #14 WR, Colorado State". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Michael Gallup". National Football League. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- Patra, Kevin (April 27, 2018). "Cowboys select Michael Gallup in 3rd round of 2018 Draft". NFL.com. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "Spotrac.com Michael Gallup contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- Hill Jr., Clarence E. "This is what went wrong for the Cowboys in a season-opening loss to the Panthers". star-telegram. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins - October 21st, 2018". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 22, 2019.
- "Michael Gallup 2018 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 22, 2019.
- "Prescott lightens Elliott's load as Cowboys top Giants 35-17". www.espn.com. Associated Press. September 8, 2019. Retrieved September 8, 2019.
- Alper, Josh (September 16, 2019). "Report: Michael Gallup having knee surgery". ProFootballTalk. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- "Cowboys get huge day from Prescott, beat Lions 35-27". www.espn.com. Associated Press. November 17, 2019. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- "Mitchell Trubisky helps Bears beat Cowboys 31-24". www.espn.com. Associated Press. December 5, 2019. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- "Cowboys beat Redskins 47-16, miss playoffs with Eagles' win". www.espn.com. Associated Press. December 29, 2019. Retrieved December 29, 2019.
- "Michael Gallup 2019 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- Lyell, Kelly. "CSU receiver Michael Gallup's gifts go well beyond football". Coloradoan. Retrieved October 10, 2018.