|Occupation||Director, visual effects artist|
|Notable work||The Greatest Showman|
Michael Gracey is an Australian director and visual effects artist.
Gracey grew up in Melbourne – in Carlton then Kew – then started working in visual effects and music videos before making his reputation in advertising, gaining a name for with his Christmas commercials in the UK and US.
Gracey is also slated to direct an adaptation of manga series Naruto, an Elton John biopic titled Rocketman, and an adaptation of the novel Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Gracey worked for 2 years at animation and visual effects studio Animal Logic from 1994-1996 as an animator and visual effects compositor.
In 2018 he directed the Sainsbury's Christmas advert.
|2002||Double Vision||Yes||Digital compositor|
|2003||Ned Kelly||Yes||Digital compositor – Complete Post|
Visual effects supervisor – Complete 2003 Post
|2005||The Magician||Yes||Visual effects supervisor|
|2008||The Square||Special thanks|
|2017||The Greatest Showman||Yes|
|Year||Film||Visual effects artist||Notes|
|1998||The Genie from Down Under||Yes||6 episodes|
- Pamela McClintock; Borys Kit (August 17, 2011). "Michael Gracey to Direct 'The Greatest Showman on Earth'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Lipshutz, Jason (February 28, 2017). "What 'La La Land' Hath Wrought: The 15 Biggest Movie Musicals Coming Soon". Billboard. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (July 31, 2015). "Lionsgate Ramping Up 'Naruto' Movie with Michael Gracey". Variety. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Fleming, Jr., Mike (March 18, 2013). "Commercials Director Michael Gracey to Helm Elton John biopic". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Kyt, Boris (December 3, 2013). "Michael Gracey Set to Direct Universal's 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' Adaptation". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
|This article about an Australian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|