|Occupation||Director, visual effects artist|
|The Greatest Showman|
Michael Gracey is an Australian director and visual effects artist.
Gracey grew up in Melbourne – in Carlton then Kew – then started working in visual effects and music videos before making his reputation in advertising, gaining a name for with his Christmas commercials in the UK and US.
Gracey is also slated to direct an adaptation of manga series Naruto, and an adaptation of the novel Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Gracey worked for 2 years at animation and visual effects studio Animal Logic from 1994-1996 as an animator and visual effects compositor.
|Year||Film||Visual effects||Director||Executive producer||Notes|
|2002||Double Vision||Yes||Digital compositor|
|2003||Ned Kelly||Yes||Digital compositor – Complete Post|
Visual effects supervisor – Complete 2003 Post
|2005||The Magician||Yes||Visual effects supervisor|
|2008||The Square||Special thanks|
|2017||The Greatest Showman||Yes|
|Year||Film||Visual effects artist||Notes|
|1998||The Genie from Down Under||Yes||6 episodes|
- Maddox, Garry (20 December 2017). "How first-time Australian director Michael Gracey landed a Hollywood musical". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Pamela McClintock; Borys Kit (August 17, 2011). "Michael Gracey to Direct 'The Greatest Showman on Earth'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Lipshutz, Jason (February 28, 2017). "What 'La La Land' Hath Wrought: The 15 Biggest Movie Musicals Coming Soon". Billboard. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (July 31, 2015). "Lionsgate Ramping Up 'Naruto' Movie with Michael Gracey". Variety. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Kyt, Boris (December 3, 2013). "Michael Gracey Set to Direct Universal's 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' Adaptation". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
|This article about an Australian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|