Michael Graves (fighter)
January 8, 1991
Maumee, Ohio, United States
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||170.5 lb (77.3 kg; 12.18 st)|
|Reach||71.0 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Coconut Creek, Florida, United States|
|Team||American Top Team|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Michael Graves (born January 8, 1991) is an American mixed martial artist currently competing in the Welterweight division of Fight Nights Global. A professional competitor since 2013, he formerly competed for the UFC was also a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians.
Born and raised in Maumee, Ohio, he graduated from Maumee High School (Ohio) where he competed in wrestling. Graves began training in mixed martial arts in 2009 and began competing as an amateur in 2010.
Mixed martial arts career
Graves made his professional mixed martial arts debut in February 2013. He compiled a record of 4 - 0, competing for various regional promotions in Florida where he finished all of his opponents before trying out for The Ultimate Fighter in late 2014.
The Ultimate Fighter
In February 2015, it was announced that Graves was one of the fighters selected to be on The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians.
In his second fight on the show, Graves faced off against Jason Jackson. After nearly being finished in the fight's opening moments (when he was dropped by a groin strike and subsequent follow up punches), he won the fight via submission in the first round.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Graves was expected to face Sérgio Moraes on November 19, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 100. However, Graves was removed from the fight on October 3 after he was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge and was replaced by Zak Ottow. In turn, he was released from the promotion in April 2017.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|9 matches||6 wins||1 loss|
|Draw||6–1–2||Murat Khasanov||Draw (majority)||Fight Nights Global 87: Khachatryan vs. Queally||May 19, 2018||3||5:00||Rostov-on-Don, Russia|
|Loss||6–1–1||Nikolay Aleksakhin||TKO (punches)||Fight Nights Global 74: Aleksakhin vs. Graves||September 29, 2017||3||3:06||Moscow, Russia|
|Draw||6–0–1||Bojan Veličković||Draw (majority)||UFC 201||July 30, 2016||3||5:00||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Win||6–0||Randy Brown||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fox: Teixeira vs. Evans||April 16, 2016||2||2:31||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Win||5–0||Vicente Luque||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale||July 12, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–0||Rafael Souza||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Titan FC 31||October 31, 2014||2||2:37||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Win||3–0||Rico Farrington||TKO (punches)||MTC - In the Beginning||April 3, 2014||1||2:46||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Catchweight bout of 180 lbs.|
|Win||2–0||Danny Finz||TKO (punches)||Fight Time 15||June 21, 2013||1||1:26||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States|
|Win||1–0||Nicolas Ryske||KO (punches)||Fight Time 13||February 15, 2013||1||1:48||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Professional record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Win||1–1||Jason Jackson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians||July 1, 2015 (airdate)||1||3:01||Coconut Creek, Florida, United States||The Ultimate Fighter 21 Semifinals round.|
|Loss||0-1||Kamaru Usman||Decision (majority)||The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians||April 22, 2015 (airdate)||2||5:00||Boca Raton, Florida, United States||The Ultimate Fighter 21 Quarterfinals round.|
- "Michael Graves - Official UFC Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-02-28). "TUF 21 features American Top Team vs. Blackzilians with $500K on the line". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- Mike Bohn (2015-04-22). "Episode No. 1 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Mike Bohn (2015-07-01). "Episode No. 11 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Dana Becker (2015-07-09). "The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale card all set, Four TUF Fighters in action". fightline.com. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-07-12). "TUF 21 Finale results: Michael Graves outworks Vicente Luque for unanimous decision". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- Staff (2015-09-17). "UFC Fight Night 80 gets slew of new bouts, including Howard-Means, Graves-Roberts". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- Staff (2015-11-30). "Nathan Coy in against Danny Roberts at UFC Fight Night 80". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Ryan Gerbosi (2016-02-23). "Randy Brown will face Michael Graves in April at UFC on Fox 19 in Tampa". newsday.com. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-04-16). "UFC on FOX 19 results: Michael Graves stays unbeaten, chokes out Randy Brown in second". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-05-24). "UFC 201 Update: Michael Graves to face Bojan Velickovic in Atlanta on July 30". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-07-30). "UFC 201 results: Michael Graves and Bojan Velickovic grapple to majority draw". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Staff (2016-09-25). "Six additional bouts announced for UFC Fight Night 100 on Nov. 19 in Sao Paulo". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-25.
- Staff (2016-10-03). "UFC welterweight Michael Graves removed from UFC Fight Night 100 bout after arrest for battery". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-10-04). "UFC Fight Night 100 gets Zak Ottow vs. Sergio Moraes". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- Jordan Breen (2017-04-17). "UFC announces release of Michael Graves after October 2016 domestic battery arrest". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2017-04-17.