Michael Greco (actor)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Born||12 November 1970 (age 46)|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|European Poker Tour|
Greco was educated in Surrey, England at St. Bede's School in Redhill and afterwards at Reigate College where his acting talent was noticed and gained him admission into the prestigious Guildford School of Acting in London. It was here he gained his acting diploma in 1992.
In 1999 and 2000 Greco won the British Soap Award for the Sexiest Male for his role on Eastenders. In July 2004 Greco was voted the sexiest male soap star ever by readers of the Radio Times and he was ranked number 66 in the 100 Greatest "EastEnders" (1985) Characters of All Time for his performance as Beppe di Marco (2010).
Other television work
Greco appeared in Celebrity Love Island in 2005. He was a contestant on ITV's Soapstar Superstar in January 2006, and played in the Rest of the World team versus England in the Soccer Aid match in 2006.
Greco was the voiceover person on the TV documentary show America's Hardest Bounty Hunters, on the Australian pay-TV Crime and Investigation channel (FOXTEL).
Greco is also a keen poker player (he was mentored by "Mad" Marty Wilson). He started off playing ring games, but now concentrates on poker tournaments. He has commented that his skills as a trained actor have enabled him to give false tells that he learned from Mike Caro's Book of Poker Tells.
Greco made the Grand Final of the 2006 Showbiz Poker event. He finished second when his K♦ Q♦ made two pair on the 8♦ Q♥ K♠ flop, but the 4♥ 10♣ that followed allowed Norman Pace to complete his straight from his A♦ J♣ hole cards. He also finished second to Pace in the semi-final round and in the celebrity heat of the PartyPoker.com World Open.
In 2005 he appeared on the chatshow Heads Up with Richard Herring to discuss his life, career and love of poker.
Greco walked away with £100,000 following the climax of the third round of the Grosvenor Poker Tour at the Red Dragon Centre, Cardiff Bay, during the early hours.
European Poker Tour Cashes
- Season 2 – Dublin - €4,000 buy in - 7th Place (from 248 players) - winning €39,800
- 2007 – $2,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em - 30th Place - winning $14,350
- 2008 – $2,000 buy-in Pot-Limit Hold'em - 9th Place - winning $22,972
- 2009 – $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em - 3rd Place - winning $248,555
- 2009 Main Event – $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em - 170th Place (from 6496 players) - winning $36,626
His total live tournament winnings exceed $680,000.
- In the late 1990s, Greco had a 15-month relationship with topless model Linsey Dawn McKenzie, to whom he was briefly engaged. McKenzie twice became pregnant during their relationship, but miscarried both times.
- Greco is also a huge Chelsea football supporter.
- "I’m no Scot" - poker star Michael Greco confesses Holyrood PR, 15 August 2008.
- Michael Greco World Series of Poker
- Michael Greco Hendon Mob Poker Database
- Grant, Clare (29 August 1998). "EastEnders Star to Wed Linsey Dawn McKenzie". The Mirror.
- Grant, Clare (11 June 1999). "EastEnder Loses Baby". The Mirror.