Michael Green (writer)
Michael Green is an American television and film and comic book writer. Michael grew up in Mamaroneck, New York.
Green is the creator and writer of the 2009 NBC series Kings, a drama based on the biblical story of King David but set in an alternate present. Green's other television credits include Everwood, Smallville, Jack and Bobby, Sex and the City, and Heroes. In 2012, he wrote and executive produced a pilot for ABC entitled Gotham and was an executive producer on the ABC series The River.
Green's feature credits include Green Lantern. In 2007, Michael, along with the rest of the Heroes writing staff, was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series and the WGA Award for New Series. Heroes won the award for Favorite New TV Drama at the 33rd annual People's Choice Awards.
Green co-wrote Denis Villeneuve's Blade Runner sequel and was reportedly brought on to write a sequel to Ridley Scott's Prometheus. He is currently writing the script for a remake of Murder on the Orient Express, a third and final stand alone Wolverine film, and is co-writing, co-producing and co-showrunning a television adaptation of Neil Gaiman's American Gods.
Michael Green's first publication in the comic book world was Batman: Lovers and Madmen, written for DC Comics. Following that, Michael began writing for the monthly DC publication Superman/Batman, starting with issue #44. Shortly thereafter he was joined by writer Mike Johnson. Together they worked on Superman/Batman through issue #63.
They later collaborated again on the 2011 reboot of Supergirl (issues #0-#12).
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Untitled Blade Runner sequel (Writer)
- Alien: Covenant (Writer)
- Untitled Wolverine sequel (Writer)
- Gotham (TV) (Executive Producer)
- The River (Showrunner) (Executive Producer)
- Green Lantern (Writer)
- Kings (Executive Producer)
- Heroes (Writer) (Co-Executive Producer)
- Everwood (The WB) (Co-Executive Producer)
- Jack & Bobby (Supervising Producer)
- Smallville (Co-Producer)
- Snoops (Writer)
- Cupid (TV) (Writer)
- Sex and the City (TV) (Writer)
- Batman: Lovers and Madmen (2008) (with Denys Cowan)
- Superman/Batman: The Search For Kryptonite (2008) (with Mike Johnson)
- Superman/Batman: Finest Worlds (2009) (with Mike Johnson)
Awards and nominations
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Drama Series – Heroes (2007 nomination shared with Tim Kring, (executive producer), Dennis Hammer (executive producer), Allan Arkush(executive producer), Greg Beeman (co-executive producer), Jesse Alexander (co-executive producer), Jeph Loeb (co-executive producer), Bryan Fuller (co-executive producer), Natalie Chaidez (co-executive producer), James Chory (produced by), Adam Armus (supervising producer), and Nora Kay Foster
- Writers Guild of America Award: New Series – Heroes (2007)
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|