This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Tone, lack of references, inline external links (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Gregg is an American computer security specialist and businessman. Gregg is the President and CEO of security assessment firm Superior Solutions Inc. and author/coauthor of several books, including as Build Your Own Network Security Lab and Inside Network Security Assessment. Gregg has served as an expert witness before congressional committee on cyber security and identity theft.
Gregg holds two associate degrees, a bachelor's degree, and a master's degree.
Gregg has been quoted in newsprint and featured on various television and radio shows including, NPR, The New York Times, ABC, CBS, Fox TV and others discussing cybersecurity and ethical hacking.
Michael Gregg has holds several certifications, including MCSE, MCT, CTT, A+, N+, CNA, CCNA, CIW Security Analyst, and TICSA.
Gregg has contributed to the following published works:
- CISSP Exam Cram Questions 2nd edition Que Publishing ISBN 978-0-7897-3807-3
- CISSP Exam Cram Que 2nd edition Publishing ISBN 978-0-7897-3806-6
- CISSP Exam Cram Que 1st edition Publishing ISBN 978-0-7897-3446-4
- Inside Network Security Assessment Sams Publishing ISBN 978-0-672-32809-1
- Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep Que Publishing ISBN 978-0-7897-3531-7
- Hack the Stack Syngress Publishing ISBN 978-1-59749-109-9
- Syngress Force 2006 Emerging Threat Analysis: From Mischief to Malicious ISBN 978-1-59749-056-6
- Security Administrator Street Smarts 2nd edition Sybex ISBN 978-0-470-40485-0
- Security + Study Guide Syngress ISBN 978-1-59749-153-2
- CHFI Study Guide Syngress ISBN 978-1-59749-197-6
- InfoSecurity 2008 Threat Analysis Syngress ISBN 978-1-59749-224-9
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Kit ISBN 978-0-470-40486-7
- CISA Exam Prep Que ISBN 978-0-7897-3573-7
- Build Your Own Security Lab Wiley ISBN 978-0-470-17986-4
Gregg has written articles for print and Internet publications such as:
- Technology (2011), United States Congress House Committee on Science, Space, and (2014). HealthCare.gov: Consequences of Stolen Identity : Hearing Before the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, House of Representatives, One Hundred Thirteenth Congress, Second Session, January 16, 2014. U.S. Government Printing Office.
- "A Review of Inside Network Security Assessment". Archived from the original on 2011-07-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-01-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "CIPS Connections".
- "Michael Gregg discusses browser hijacking".
- "Cyber expert discusses online safety".
- "Villanova University Government IS Security Program".
- "Michael Gregg - Superior Solutions, Inc., CEO". www.techtarget.com. Retrieved 2020-01-07.
- CNBC video on iPhone application vulnerabilities
- Fox News Report on Google hack leaked to Internet
- Villanova University Gains CNSS National Standard 4011 NSA Certification
- Experts warn of IE vulnerability
- 5 tips for safe online shopping
- Network penetration testing
- Phone hacking threat low but it does exist
- Michael Gregg discusses browser hijacking on CBS5
- Cyberwar could cause global collateral damage
- Hackers target cell phones
- Hacker Halted presenters
- Michael Gregg Expert Answer Page
- MALC caucus
- Author interview
- Network security, taking the layered approach
- Cyber-security expert teaches how to guard against hackers
- Expert witness at congressional hearing