Michael Guy Chislett
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Guy Chislett
Chislett at Bill & Trav's Bogus Journey Tour in Cincinnati, OH, 2008
|Born||6 April 1982|
Skipton, Victoria, Australia
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboards|
|Labels||Decaydance, Fueled by Ramen|
Michael Guy Chislett (born 6 April 1982) is an Australian born musician and producer. He was the lead guitarist of the rock band The Academy Is... and is currently a member of contemporary worship music band Hillsong United, a worship band from Hillsong Church.
Michael Guy Chislett was born on 6 April 1982 in Skipton, Victoria, a small country town in Australia. He has two brothers: Nick and Thomas. In 1982, he and his family moved to Sydney, where he attended Cherrybrook Technology High School. He dropped out in Year 10 to spend more time on music. In 2003, he moved to London with Newcastle band Paperadio. A few months later he moved to Los Angeles. Michael is a vegetarian. Chislett is a Christian and has been in several Christian bands, such as Hillsong United. He married Naomi and have two children: Elliott (born 2014) and Ruby (born 2016).
Chislett uses Gretsch guitars (White Falcon, Black Penguin, Silverjet) and Fender guitars (Stratocaster, Jaguar) and is playing a Jackson Ampworks Atlantic 3.0. Michael also uses Visual Sound pedals and has appeared in advertisements for the Dual Tap Delay. He can also play piano.
Chislett played on several Hillsong United albums, including All of the Above and United We Stand. He has toured with Hillsong United in a number of countries. Their 2005 release United We Stand was the best-selling album of 2006 in Canada at Christian retail stores. Hillsong United's 2007 album, All of the Above, debuted at Number 1 on the Top 20 Australian Christian Albums Chart in April 2007. In 2006, he played electric guitar for the Soul Survivor festivals in the United Kingdom and, in 2007, contributed to British worship leader Tim Hughes' third album, Holding Nothing Back. Michael came back to United to produce their 2013 album, Zion. Zion became United's most successful album to date, with 34,100 units being sold in its first week. It sold 25% more than Aftermath, allowing it to debut at number five on the US Billboard 200.
Butch Walker and The Let's-Go-Out-Tonites
Prior to joining The Academy Is..., Chislett played in Butch Walker's band, The Let's-Go-Out-Tonites. He toured with Walker in 2005 and 2006. He appeared on the studio album The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Let's-Go-Out-Tonites and the live DVD Live at Budokan.
The Academy Is...(2007–2011)
Chislett writes music and plays guitar in the band 1969, whose line-up is completed by Butch Walker and drummer Darren Dodd (The Let's-Go-Out-Tonites, Electric South). 1969's debut album, Maya, was released on 1 April 2008.
In 2004, Chislett played guitar for the band Mamma and the All-Stars with Matthew Kennedy (guitar), Joel Houston (bass), Marty Sampson (drums) and Andris Jaunalksnis (vocals). This was the first and last show that they played at the Big Exo Day in Sydney which resulted in broken instruments and limbs.
Chislett played guitar for Brooke Fraser's Flags tour and is featured on her music video "Coachella".
Chislett has his own production company, Skipton Productions, Inc. Skipton Productions, Inc was established in Nashville, Tennessee in 2008.
- "Meet the Band - Hillsong Movie". Hillsong: Let Hope Rise Official Website. Where Feet May Fail, LLC. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Michael Guy Chislett on Instagram: "At the start of the year, mum would usually take photos of us in our school uniforms, Tom being a little cheeky is giving @nchislett a subtle punch in the tummy in this photo! We will miss you Tom"". Instagram. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "About Me - Michael Guy". Myspace. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "The Academy Is' Michael Guy Chislett". VegVids.com. 2009. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "The Academy Is' Michael Guy Chislett". Nicole Nuss, peta2. Archived from the original on 9 February 2008. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "Michael Guy Chislett on Instagram: "I haven't spent many Valentines Days at home since being married! Happy Valentines Day @naomichislett"". Instagram. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Michael Guy Chislett on Instagram: "I would like to introduce my son Elliott Guy Chislett"". Instagram. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Michael Guy Chislett on Instagram: "It's nice to see my kids getting along already! Ruby Coco Chislett was born a few hours ago, 9lbs!"". Instagram. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "The New Academy Is Guitarist". Jason Tate, absolutepunk.net. 5 January 2007. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "Album MAYA by 1969 is coming out on April Fools Day". 1969 Myspace. 27 March 2008. Archived from the original on 10 January 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "Smiling can backfire ep... now on iTunes". Brad Carter. 24 February 2008. Archived from the original on 10 January 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "LUKAS: Recording guitars with Michael Guy Chislett". Thelukasband Youtube. 27 October 2007. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "SKIPTON: corporation of Michael Guy Chislett". SKIPTON. 22 December 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.