|Full name||Michael Florian Hadschieff|
|Born||October 5, 1963 (age 53)
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|Coached by||Werner Jäger|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||500 m: 37.85 (1989)
1000 m: 1.13.84 (1988)
1500 m: 1:52.31 (1988)
3000 m: 3:59.42 (1987)
5000 m: 6:47.93 (1987)
10 000 m: 13:56.11 (1988)
At the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, Michael Hadschieff participated in all five distances (500 m - 1,000 m - 1,500 m - 5,000 m - 10,000 m), winning medals in two of those. This performance earned him the first place in the Adelskalender, the all-time allround speed skating ranking, taking over first place from Nikolay Gulyayev. Only three days later, he lost this first place to Eric Flaim.
Hadschieff won two World Cups: On the 1,500 m in 1986 and on the 1,000 m in 1989. His second win was a first place shared with Eric Flaim. Other notable results include winning silver at the European Allround Championships and bronze at the World Allround Championships, both in 1987.
Hadschieff was awarded the Austrian Sportler des Jahres ("Sportsman of the Year") title in 1986.
|500 m||37.85||26 February 1989||Heerenveen|
|1,000 m||1:13.84||18 February 1988||Calgary|
|1,500 m||1:52.31||20 February 1988||Calgary|
|3,000 m||3:59.42||19 March 1987||Heerenveen|
|5,000 m||6:47.93||4 December 1987||Calgary|
|10,000 m||13:56.11||21 February 1988||Calgary|
|Big combination||160.567||15 February 1987||Heerenveen|
Hadschieff has an Adelskalender score of 157.884 points. His highest ranking on the Adelskalender was a first place.
- Eng, Trond. All Time International Championships, Complete Results: 1889 - 2002. Askim, Norway: WSSSA-Skøytenytt, 2002.
- Teigen, Magne. Komplette Resultater Internasjonale Mesterskap 1889 - 1989: Menn/Kvinner, Senior/Junior, allround/sprint. Veggli, Norway: WSSSA-Skøytenytt, 1989.
- Michael Hadschieff at SkateResults.com
- Short bio on Michael Hadschieff from the Encyclopedia of Austria
- Personal records from The Skatebase
|Austrian Sportsman of the year