Michael J. Knowles
Michael J. Knowles
|Born||March 18, 1990|
Bedford Hills, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||political commentator, podcaster, author|
|Alma mater||Yale University (B.A.)|
|Notable works||Reasons to Vote for Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide,The Girl from Andros|
Alissa Mahler (m. 2018)
Born in Bedford Hills, New York, Knowles began training as an actor with the Stella Adler Studio of Acting, as part of its Advanced Teen Conservatory. He graduated with a B.A. in History and Italian from Yale University, where he produced the first English rendering of Niccolò Machiavelli's play Andria in 2012. Knowles is of Italian descent. Knowles was raised in the Catholic faith by his family, but had fallen away during his adolescence; while at Yale he experienced a reversion to the Church, spurred at first by ontological arguments.
Before graduating from Yale, Knowles participated in two web series: Never Do Business with Friends and Survive. Upon graduation, Knowles trained with Wynn Handman at his acting studio in New York City and appeared in various web series, films, and television shows.
After moving to Los Angeles, he acted in the TV pilot Blend In, the TV movie I'm Back!, and the comedy HollyWeird.
In 2016, Knowles was invited to join The Daily Wire, beginning as regular guest and cultural correspondent for "The Andrew Klavan Show" podcast. In 2017, Knowles released an empty book called Reasons to Vote for Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide. The book, which contained 266 empty pages and an extensive bibliography, became the number 1 best-selling book on Amazon. Shortly after Knowles lauded Trump on Fox & Friends, Trump in return praised Knowles's book as "A great book for your reading enjoyment." That year, Knowles began his role as host of The Daily Wire's third podcast, The Michael Knowles Show.
In 2019 during his YAF national college speaking tour, in a speech titled "Men are not Women" at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, a protester assaulted Knowles with a mixture of lavender oil and other non-toxic household liquids.
- "Michael J. Knowles". IMDb. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "Michael J. Knowles". Michael J. Knowles. Retrieved April 11, 2019.
- Knowles, Michael (March 11, 2018). ".@andrewklavan constantly complains that I don't pay for books. If not in library or on Project Gutenberg, I'll buy used on Amazon, sometimes Kindle or Audible. Among the many values my Italian family instilled in me is never to pay retail". Twitter.com. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "An Interview with the Catholic of the Daily Wire". Those Catholic Men. September 26, 2017. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- "The Modern Renaissance Man: Michael Knowles on Art, Politics and Jimmy McMillan". Yale Daily News. March 7, 2014.
- "War Room, Cruz for President". YouTube. April 21, 2016. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- "Another Kingdom". Daily Wire. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "Daily Wire". Daily Wire.
- "An author praised Trump on 'Fox & Friends.' Hours later, his book had a presidential endorsement". Washington Post. March 15, 2017. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Concha, Joe (March 9, 2017). "Amazon bestseller 'Reasons to Vote for Democrats' is a book of empty pages". TheHill. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- "An author praised Trump on 'Fox & Friends.' Hours later, his book had a presidential endorsement". The Washington Post. 2019.
- "Donald J. Trump on Twitter". Twitter (in Latin). July 26, 2017. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Associated Press (April 12, 2019), Conservative Speaker Michael Knowles Speech Disrupted, The Washington Post, archived from the original on April 25, 2019 Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Conservative speaker who was assaulted by protester: 'This was a warning shot to conservatives'". Fox News. Fox News. 2019-04-13. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to politics in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|