Michael J. Meade
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael J. Meade D.H.L. is an author, mythologist, storyteller, and was a figure in the Men's Movement of the 1980s and 1990s. He continues to publish and teach to a broader audience, having distanced himself from the Men's Movement.
His essays have appeared in To Be A Man, Tending the Fire, Wingspan, Walking Swiftly, and The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart. The latter is an anthology of poetry, which he edited with Robert Bly and James Hillman. His book Men and the Water of Life: Initiation and the Tempering of Men was published in 1993 by HarperSanFrancisco. He is the author of the books The Water of Life, The World Behind the World, Fate and Destiny, the Two Agreements in Life, and Why the World Doesn't End, Tales of Renewal in Times of Change. He frequently contributes essays to Huffington Post, and Sun Magazine. Meade uses story, song, and mythology, as a means of discovery for others to find their inner wisdom and inherent gifts.
Michael J. Meade is the founder of the Mosaic Multicultural Foundation, a Seattle-based non-profit dedicated to education and cultural healing. The focus of his current work is to bring healing through story and mythology to disaffected populations from many sectors of modern culture. He frequently works with at-risk youth, homeless populations, returning veterans, prisoners, and youth involved in the gang life. Meade leads day-long workshops and residential retreats aimed at healing and personal growth. He collaborates in this multicultural work with figures such as Luis J. Rodriguez and Jack Kornfield.
- Men and the Water of Life: Initiation and the Tempering of Men, 1994, ISBN 978-0-06-250726-6
- The Water of Life: Initiation and the Tempering of the Soul, 2006, ISBN 978-0-9766450-4-7
- The World Behind the World: Living at the ends of time, 2008, ISBN 978-0-9766450-6-1
- Fate and Destiny: The Two Agreements of the Soul, 2010, ISBN 978-0-9829391-4-7
- Why the World Doesn't End, 2012, ISBN 978-0-9829391-5-4
- Awakening the Soul, 2018, ISBN 978-0999634592
- Allis, Sam (8 November 1990). "Essay What Do Men Really Want?". TIME. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- . Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-meade-dhl/. Retrieved 2 August 2014. Missing or empty
- Malkin, John (1 November 2011). "Your Own Damn Life Michael Meade On The Story We're Born With" (431). The Sun Magazine. Retrieved 15 December 2014.