Michael J. Smith Field
|Michael J. Smith Field|
|Owner||Beaufort-Morehead City Airport Authority|
|Serves||Beaufort, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
Michael J. Smith Field (ICAO: KMRH, FAA LID: MRH) is a public airport located one mile (2 km) north of the central business district of Beaufort and northeast of Morehead City, in Carteret County, North Carolina, United States. It is owned by the Beaufort-Morehead City Airport Authority.
Although most U.S. airports are assigned the same three-letter location identifier by the FAA and IATA, Michael J. Smith Field is assigned MRH by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MRH to May River Airport in Papua New Guinea).
Facilities and aircraft
- 3/21 measuring 4,191 x 150 ft. (1,277 x 46 m)
- 8/26 at 5,003 x 100 ft. (1,525 x 30 m)
- 14/32 at 4,000 x 100 ft. (1,219 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 5, 2015, the airport averaged 120 operations per day: 86% general aviation, 9% air taxi and 6% military. At that time there were 54 aircraft based at this airport of which 54 were single-engine, 7 were multi-engine, and 2 were jet airplanes.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MRH ( PDF), effective 2007-12-20
- Segrave Aviation, Inc. - Airport's fixed-base operator (FBO). Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- More about Morehead - Morehead City web site. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- Great Circle Mapper: KMRH - Beaufort, North Carolina (Michael J. Smith Field)
- Aviation Safety Network: MRH - May River Airport, Papua New Guinea
- "Michael J. Smith Field (MRH)" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MRH, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: