Michael Jones (Canadian musician)
|Born||1942 (age 74–75)|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Pianist, Author, Lecturer|
|Years active||c. 1980–present|
Jones was born in Surrey, England, and grew up in Kitchener and later Queenston, Ontario.
Jones' first album, Pianoscapes, was released on the newly formed Narada record label. The album sold more than 100,000 copies. Since then he has released more than a dozen albums of piano music.  In 1990 he conducted a concert tour.
He has published three books about creative leadership; the most recent is The Soul of Place: Re-imagining Leadership Through Nature Art and Community.
Jones is a columnist for the business and leadership website, Management - Issues. He often combines the two sides of his career by performing his compositions at leadership conferences.
In 2015 Jones co-chaired the Mariposa Roundtable, an initiative to improve the economy of Orillia through increased tourism.
- Michael's Music (Pianoscapes, 1981)
- Reissued as Pianoscapes (Narada, 1983)
- Windsong (Antiquity, 1983)
- Seascapes (Narada, 1984)
- Wind and Whispers (Sona Gaia, 1985)
- Solstice (Narada, 1985)
- Sunscapes (Narada, 1986)
- Amber (Narada, 1987)
- After the Rain (Narada, 1988)
- Magical Child (Narada, 1990)
- Michael's Music (Narada, 1990)
- Morning in Medonte (Narada, 1992)
- Air Born (Narada, 1994)
- Touch (Narada, 1996)
- The Living Music (Narada, 1998)
- Echoes of Childhood ( Pianoscapes, 2002)
- Almost Home (Pianoscapes, 2006)
- Deep Song (Pianoscapes, 2015)
- The Living Music (Narada 1998)
- 20 Years of Narada Piano
- Grand Piano (Narada Anniversary Collection)
- Pianoscapes The Deluxe Edition (Narada 2002)
- Michael Jones (1 January 1991). Solos and Sketches for New Age Piano. Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation. ISBN 978-0-7935-0059-8.
- Creating an Imaginative Life Trafford (1995, 2006) ISBN 978-1-57324-011-6
- Artful Leadership, Awakening the Commons of the Imagination Trafford (2006) ISBN 1-4120-8578-0
- The Soul of Place:Re-Imagining Leadership Through Nature, Art and Community Friesen Press (2014) ISBN 9781460237960
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Michael Jones (Canadian musician)|
- Free to be Creative at the Piano. New Age Piano Lessons. pp. 157–. GGKEY:42ZU363U7R3.
- "New Age Music". The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- Maria Armoudian (6 April 1996). Look for these New Age labels. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 51–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Major labels move quickly. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 25 October 1986. pp. 1–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Music earns Michael Jones a second career". Orillia Sun, 26 Apr 1988, page 4
- "Orillia’s industrial economy is a thing of the past; group focusing on future opportunities". By Dave Dawson, Orillia Packet & Times, October 8, 2015
- Mother Jones. Foundation for National Progress. 1983. p. 62.
- Reviews: Pop - Recommended. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 12 January 1985. pp. 101–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Keith Tuber (December 1988). The New Age of David Lanz. Orange Coast Magazine. Emmis Communications. pp. 356–. ISSN 0279-0483.
- Linda Moleski (30 August 1986). Grass Routes. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 56–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Album Review: Almost Home". Mainly Piano, Review by Michael Debbage