Michael K. Lee
Lee starred in early 2016 in the musical Allegiance on Broadway, reprising the role of Frankie Suzuki, a role which won him the Craig Noel Award for Outstanding Featured Performance in a Musical in 2012 for the Old Globe’s production of Allegiance. Allegiance began previews on October 6, 2015 and opened on November 8, 2015. His character is based on real-life political activist Frank S. Emi.
Lee has starred in numerous productions in Seoul, including Jesus Christ Superstar (Jesus), Miss Saigon (Chris), Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (Tick), Notre Dame de Paris (Gringoire), Amour (Dusoleil), and Gone with the Wind (Ashley). Lee's other international credits include Where Elephants Weep in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, They’re Playing Our Song in Manila, Philippines (opposite Lea Salonga), and A Twist of Fate in Singapore (opposite Laura Michelle Kelley).
Lee portrayed Tommy in The Who's Tommy, winning a Seattle Footlight Award for Best Actor in a Musical); Judas and Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar, Aladdin in Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular; and Jamie Willerstein in The Last Five Years.
- "Michael K. Lee - Allegiance Broadway Cast". Allegiance. http://8dd1f8e911adf72a87b2bc6a322676ca. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Michael K. Lee Theatre Credits". www.broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Leeds, Ryan. "Pledging "ALLEGIANCE": An Interview with Broadway's Michael K. Lee & Telly Leung". Manhattan Digest. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "2012 Awards | The San Diego Theatre Critics Circle". sdcriticscircle.org. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "George Takei, Lea Salonga, Telly Leung, Michael K. Lee and more at the first preview of Broadway's Allegiance; opens Nov. 8". AsAm News. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "8Questions: Interview with 'Allegiance' actor Michael K. Lee". Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "The Times Footlight Awards for local theater". The Seattle Times. 2007-12-23. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- Herald, The Korea. "[Herald Interview] Korean-American Broadway actor reprises role of Jesus Christ". www.koreaherald.com. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
|This article about an American theatre actor born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|